MA Blanket Assault Gun Ban in Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Was at GunRunner this AM and John told me that the AG has put a blanket ban on sales of Semi-Auto assault rifles and semi auto pistols, effective immediately. This may also include C&R weapons as well. Dealers have been informed this AM to suspend sales by the AG.

I assume more to follow . If someone finds the information before I do, please post.

So much for getting a second Garand if this goes through.

T

Last edited:
Sounds like the AG is about to get sued beyond her wildest dreams for infringing on 2A with firearms in common use.

Pretty sure the AG doesn't write laws... Not sure where she thinks she gets this entitlement.

Maybe I'm late, but no one else has posted here. We've been out on a sad day having our 13 year old cat put down, so I haven't been paying attention.

T

Last edited:
This is EXACTLY why the 2nd amendment exists.

She should be hanged!

Where can I find more info on this? I googled it and cannot find anything concrete. I just saw an email from Four Seasons saying today is the last day they can sell M&P15 Sports, and Ruger AR556's in MA. Whats going on??

Where can I find more info on this? I googled it and cannot find anything concrete. I just saw an email from Four Seasons saying today is the last day they can sell M&P15 Sports, and Ruger AR556's in MA. Whats going on??

Try the 12+ page thread above this one.

Yeah I posted that before I refreshed. checking it out now - disregard my post. Holy crap. I literally just bought an AR yesterday...

So much for getting a second Garand if this goes through.

T

Garands are fine...

"...the term assault weapon shall not include: (i) any of the weapons, or replicas or duplicates of such weapons, specified in appendix A to 18 U.S.C. section 922 as appearing in such appendix on September 13, 1994, as such weapons were manufactured on October 1, 1993; (ii) any weapon that is operated by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (iii) any weapon that has been rendered permanently inoperable or otherwise rendered permanently unable to be designated a semiautomatic assault weapon; (iv) any weapon that was manufactured prior to the year 1899; (v) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or other weapon that is not capable of firing a projectile and which is not intended for use as a functional weapon and cannot be readily modified through a combination of available parts into an operable assault weapon; (vi) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition; or (vii) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine. "

If cops aren't storming her office and arresting her, they are wrong and have chosen their side by default.

So fu(king glad I'm out from under that communist run shithole.

Last edited by a moderator:
[h=2]AR15 BANNED IN MASS - CONTACT GOVERNOR BAKER !!![/h]
http://www.mass.gov/governor/constit...vernor-office/

Boston Office Massachusetts State House
Office of the Governor
Room 280
Boston, MA 02133
Office Hours:
Monday – Friday
9:00am – 5:00pm
Phone: 617.725.4005
888.870.7770 (in state)
Fax: 617.727.9725
TTY: 617.727.3666

Suggested Talking Points:

The AG's proclamation is an outrageous overextension of power.

If this were passed by the Legislature, that's one thing. But she is making the law up as she goes along.

Does Governor Baker intend for every Gun Shop in this State to go out of business ?

If this were passed by the Legislature, that's one thing. But she is making the law up as she goes along.

This is what I do not understand...how can this be legal?

T

she's not making any new laws, she's clarifying to dealers the AG's interpretation of the current law.

she's not making any new laws, she's clarifying to dealers the AG's interpretation of the current law.

Well that is her stated position, yes, but in actual fact she is making new laws to suit her own, personal, biased viewpoint.

The law you say she is clarifying is itself, unconstitutional.

This is what I do not understand...how can this be legal?

T

And you'll be wondering the same thing when 18 cops in full battle rattle are stacked up at your door to confiscate your guns.

We are in the same boat in CA if Newsom gets elected. We have too many laws to overcome as it is. I will be watching your fight closely, good luck my fellow enthusiasts.

Can we close this thread and use the other/prior.

the other thread is full of retardation, we should at least have a sane one somewhere. I'm sick of reading posts from people who didn't bother to read the law or the AG's statements from today all screaming that it applies to pre-1994 AWB guns (it doesn't), all semi-auto rifles (it doesn't), all semi-auto pistols (it doesn't), it makes you a felon retroactively (it doesn't), etc.

Why? I posted it here as I spend 85% of my time in this forum and didn't see it in the other section. I am concerned for my 4 C&R guns that are semi-automatic, have 15 round magazines, bayonets, and flash hiders.

I was inspired to take my M1 assault carbine out today. First time at 100 yards for the Inland. 83 degrees, mostly sunny, slight breeze. It was the only one of the six carbines I've owned that shot true when set at 100 yards. Maybe because it remains as RIA rearsenaled it in '62? The first were high as I was set at 200 yards. The right ones I moved the rear sight the wrong way. 7-10 (1X), 10-9, and 22-8. 440/600.

I look forward to trying again as now the sights are dialed in.

T

Murphy's Law; I wear a hat today and don't take a single case to the head (lefty). Also the first time I shot Tula steel case ammo. Functioned flawlessly save the very last round (60th) of the 4th and last last magazine hopped the follower and jammed.

Last edited:
But none of the courts in which it has been challenged have found it to be unconstitutional which is why its still on the books.

While true, that has no bearing on the clear and obvious fact that the law in question is unconstitutional and of course the AG's blathering lacks any legitimate legal standing as well, even APART from the AWB being bogus.

First MA abrogates the Constitution and then our AG just makes s**t up to push it even further.

We NEED multiple threads on this.

This is the most important Thread in years.

FREEDOM needs the publicity.

This.

Greetings fellow felons!

+1 For this separate thread in Milsurps. This section of the forum indeed attracts a specific cross section of NESers.

I had not thought about the M1 Carbines. I've read the AG's vague hogwash and IMO it could be interpreted to include M1 Carbines. So any direct impingement semi auto system could be interpreted as an AW, as could any piston system similar to an AK or other type with detachable mag, etc.

Group buy on orange jump suits?

Thanks to those who have expressed their sympathy over our cat. We got him from the pound as an 8 month old toddler two weeks after we were married. I was the 'designated driver' to the Vet when I was a teen for this kind of job as no one else in the family could handle it. Doesn't make it any easier, though. He had inoperable cancer and renal failure, and his weight had dropped to a little over 4 pounds. His last picture at 9:15 this AM, and in happier days being the feline foil for the rabbit.

We still have 5 cats between 10 and 15, as well as 3 rabbits at 4mo. to 7 years old. Last night the last pic of all 6 on the bed.

T

Last edited:
the other thread is full of retardation, we should at least have a sane one somewhere. I'm sick of reading posts from people who didn't bother to read the law or the AG's statements from today all screaming that it applies to pre-1994 AWB guns (it doesn't), all semi-auto rifles (it doesn't), all semi-auto pistols (it doesn't), it makes you a felon retroactively (it doesn't), etc.

From the AG's guidance:
"A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if its internal functional components are substantially similar in construction and configuration to those of an Enumerated Weapon."

So what does substantially similar mean? Anything gas operated? I don't think we know enough to say for sure what this applies to just yet, and I doubt the AG's office will be forthcoming with clarification in that regard.

And certainty anyone who has a "Massified" (as it was previously understood) rifle now has a rifle that is considered an assault weapon under the AG's new guidance. In her press conference this morning she stated that they weren't looking at individual owners "at this time." That could change tomorrow, or when the next AG takes over, or never. Who knows? Apparently the AG's office can change the rules as they see fit.

Last edited:
From the AG's guidance:
"A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if its internal functional components are substantially similar in construction and configuration to those of an Enumerated Weapon."

So what does substantially similar mean? Anything gas operated? I don't think we know enough to say for sure what this applies to just yet, and I doubt the AG's office will be forthcoming with clarification in that regard.

And certainty anyone who has a "Massified" (as it was previously understood) rifle now has a rifle that is considered an assault weapon under the AG's new guidance. In her press conference this morning she stated that they weren't looking at individual owners "at this time." That could change tomorrow, or when the next AG takes over, or never. Who knows? Apparently the AG's office can change the rules as they see fit.

Yes it appears so that AG can do what ever she wants....heck look what Hilary got away with.
This is the same BS past AG pulled on Ammo vendors out side Ma.... No laws just an AG interpretation and threat of court hearings. Now many did not care thAt happened along with Dealers as it only ment more sales for them.
Sadly I feel much of the same will happen with this. Dealers will only cave and carry on selling what ever the AG let's them and just up their price as we peasants can only buy xyz anyway.
AG claimed 10,000 assault weapons where sold in MA last year (globe article) not sure how up to date this is
http://fflgundealers.net/transfer/massachusetts/ but shows 600 FFLs in MA.
That's 17 "asault" weapons sold. Per each dealer that year. Pretty low numbers I think. Seems like not enough for "business" to care.
I won't hold my breath for S&W to step up and help this fight either....I can only see those dealers and manufactures with the ability to flee doing so.
Very strange times indeed ....again no laws apply to the makers and enforcement ..... a problem in its self.

Good luck , God bless and hold on.

AG pretty slick on the wording of this new "definition" going after "internal" design .
There where some who thought they (dictators) didn't notice the "exterior features" was of no real change of the weapon.
See they have been planing this for a long time...
Soon to see high capacity ammunition and military ammo bans.... that right high capacity ammunition. Oh don't be so shocked if ammo is restricted to X weight and Y velocity soon.
Sadly on a political end here in MA we just don't have the numbers....I hope law and constitution prevails ......
Now the AG said these assault weapons don't belong in civilian hands soon hunting/guns will be next as the number of hunters in mass is low also and nobody needs to hunt for food in MA.

Collectors and competitive shooting has no place either.
We have been shunned and out casted and are not part of the diversity of change.

Then the JBT will be in lock step to back up their employers.

Last edited:
I really don't see a need for multiple threads regarding this subject. If there is any truth or actual news, it'll be posted in the main thread as even Comm2A members are active in it and not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom