• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA compliant AR 5.56 barrel

I've been searching for quite some time now for a barrel to finish my first AR build. I've placed orders with del-ton and DPMS only to find out there are 1-2 YEAR backlogs.

Specifically I'm looking for a 16" black barrel with the FSB on it and MA compliant (to my understanding means no bayonet lug and non-threaded).

Any ideas on where I can get one? I'm not super picky on the profile or even the length but I do want it black with the FSB.

Thanks in advance.

you don't necessarily have to not have a flash hider or lug on the barrel--it's just a metal tube UNTIL you put it on a rifle.

example: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/15...-16-chrome-moly-with-a2-front-sight-phosphate

that would work. however they are now out of stock, they sold pretty quick. if you had one you'd just need a muzzle device pinned/welded, and you could hack up the bayonet lug yourself with a dremel if you chose.

Post a want to buy thread...
Believe it or not thee are some on amazon in stock. Buy a front sight gas block and cut the lug off . Or find one that doesn't have a lug .

Thanks, guys. I've emailed Model 1 to see what the story is there. I can't find anything on Amazon so not sure about that avenue. I will also try a WTB in the classifieds.

What is the benefits of the stainless as opposed to chrome moly? What twist is is most common these days? It seems to change every once in a while. It was nine then I see a lot of people looking for 7.

the 1/7 twist can handle the larger grain bullets for distance shooting better. 1/9 is fine for 55gr and 62 gr. the old M16a1 and Ar's back in the day had 1/12 and 55gr was the best for them.
Try brownells for barrels.

Your best bet is to buy a threaded barrel and pin a muzzle device on it before you assemble your rifle.
Very few companies make 'post-ban' barrels. Those who do generally aren't that good and the cost is roughly the same.

So pinning a muzzle brake (not a flash hider/suppressor) onto the threaded barrel is MA legal?
^yes^

i know where you can find in stock a FN chrome lined 16" button rifled M4 profile barrel 1/7 if your interested

I don't know what is MA compliance barrel, but I do know BCM got a few stripped barrel (varies length) in stock. Cheapest one will cost you $240.

Many forum member will offer help.

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

Button rifling is more accurate than hammer forging, military also uses button rifled FN barrels

Rifle gear has FN barrels in stock, combine that with the Arms folding A2 sight and you got a kick ass barrel for short money. and the arms sight looks like a A2 sight but with the option to fold down...

they were $189.00 last week, could have changed but I don't think so. they are a pretty good vendor

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom