MA Compliant Storage?

Waitaminute! Mass storage gun regulations are vague and open to wide interpretation!? I am shocked!
Good day sir! I said good day! :D

I would be leery of a gun cabinet that could be thwarted by this.

stock-photo-retro-rusty-crosscut-hand-saw-hand-saw-tool-isolated-on-white-background-384949945.jpg

I could make an amazing argument that hidden is just as good as, if not better than, "locked." But will it hold up in court? Not sure. Sorta afraid to try it out despite the odds of having it be a problem approaching those of me winning the lottery WITHOUT buying a ticket.

I am not concerned about theft, except theft from the state. I wanted to know if it meets the letter of the law. (Yes, the wooden box with locks would be hidden.)

]Uzi2, post: 5732008, member: 63237"]The next subject on the list to be taught to these mindless fools should be "Penalties for conspiracy to deny one's constitutionally protected rights"......and not in the vein of skin color, race or religion, but in the vein of the 2nd amendment.

And, every school official that has a hand in this ridiculous endeavor should be brought up on charges of said conspiracy for initiating it in the first place.

Good luck with that!

I was wondering if a custom built box, made of plywood and 2x4's, with hinged lid, hasps, and padlocks would be OK.

How does one find this out, other than "the bad way"?

I built a plywood box on a shelf with a lock and hidden hinges for storing ammo over stock and just misc gun parts..
I have been wondering since I built it if it's legal or not. And if it is supposed to be made of metal.. I guess if there is a fire, that box is going down first.

Attachments

• 20171027_213613.jpg
    20171027_213613.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20171028_190207.jpg
    20171028_190207.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 33
Of all the gratuitous, ill-intended anti gun laws in this sh*thole of a commiewealth it is this storage law that IMHO most desperately needs to be forwarded to SCOTUS so that it can be struck down. I can't see where it would be anything other than a slam-dunk were that to happen, at least with the current make-up of the court.

I built a plywood box on a shelf with a lock and hidden hinges for storing ammo over stock and just misc gun parts..
I have been wondering since I built it if it's legal or not. And if it is supposed to be made of metal.. I guess if there is a fire, that box is going down first.

Let's see, Wally World puts it locked non-bulletproof glass cabinet with cheesy lock, Cabelas and LGS have it on open shelves and lock the doors when they close up shop. Kids roaming the aisles all day long in the big box stores.

Yours is in a locked cabinet. Maybe toss it in locked ammo cans to organize for good measure. Do you lock your doors when your away?

Any vague law like this should be thrown out. It's used to manufacture law abiding excercising a right into criminals because leftist twisted ideology that does not believe the peasants should have this right, period.

Nice cabinet btw!

Any lock can be defeated. All locks do is remove temptation from honest people and slow down dishonest people. If you want to get into a house, you can go right through the wall with a hammer and crowbar with enough time.

I have a box full of cable type gun locks that were provided by the West Palm Beach Fl. P.D. through some kind of program. They can be cut with an ordinary pair of lineman's pliers with out much difficulty by a 10 yr old . I don't use them unless I'm buying a used firearm someplace , I'll take 1 along with me so I don't have to buy 1 to do the transfer.

Why do you need a lock to do a transfer? Unless you park the car and walk away, don't think you need it.

Any lock can be defeated. All locks do is remove temptation from honest people and slow down dishonest people. If you want to get into a house, you can go right through the wall with a hammer and crowbar with enough time.
552.jpg With the right blade and a small amount of time and noise I can get through any residential wall with this bad girl.

Is a pistol that has been field stripped considered "safe storage"?

I can hardly wait to hear NES's thoughts on this.

Is a pistol that has been field stripped considered "safe storage"?

I can hardly wait to hear NES's thoughts on this.

Good question. I suspect it's not good enough and if they wanted to jam you up, they totally could. Now if the frame had a trigger lock....

What is your question?

Is it Mass Compliant? Who knows? There was recently a case, where a guy was jammed up because the locked containers were "flimsy," and could be pried open.

PRM FTW!!!!
It looks like the guy was acquitted on the storage charge.

Back
Top Bottom