• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Governor Race

Baker is a moderate who looked the other way while us gun owners got screwed, but he won’t lead the charge to screw us again..

[rofl][rofl][laugh2][laugh2] Battered woman syndrome? Deep down he loves me... I know it. Really. He told me.

Not a chance in hell I vote for Baker again, I’ll most likely vote Gonzales. Burn it the f*** down at this point. I cannot think of a single issue where Baker would take a different posi6ion than Gonzales or the Democrats.

Baker is a faker for sure. But Gonazalez is FAR LEFT LOONY LIBERAL. He talks about more gun control in his commercials. You guys want to hand the election to him?

If Baker is willing to sign off on any anti gun bill the Cabal wants, then is there a functional difference?

The only thing stopping antis from going FR in MA is the sloth/corruption/inefficiency of the legislature and the fact that big gun control costs big money- that all the non Boston moonbats want for their pet projects. If MA was a larger state in terms of tax base and budget, things would be far worse here wrt guns right now.

-Mike

Overall you're not wrong. However I think you may be mistaken about FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act). The costs associated with FMLA hits businesses. If you own a business it could be seen as a tax, but otherwise there should be no direct cost to taxpayers. We currently use the Federal FMLA rules at my place of employment, and it's a giant pain in the ass. It's relatively easy to abuse, but it doesn't offer paid time off. I believe MA FMLA is funded by a payroll tax. I wouldn't be surprised if the taxpayer would be left footing the bill if the payroll tax cannot cover the cost.
There is no free lunch.

[rofl][rofl][laugh2][laugh2] Battered woman syndrome? Deep down he loves me... I know it. Really. He told me.

Not a chance in hell I vote for Baker again, I’ll most likely vote Gonzales. Burn it the f*** down at this point. I cannot think of a single issue where Baker would take a different posi6ion than Gonzales or the Democrats.

So electing someone who will be even worse for gun owners will actually be better? That’s your theory? How has that worked in the past? Did a conservative get elected governor after Dukakis? No. Did a conservative get elected after Deval Patrick? No. But this time a miracle is going to happen? [rolleyes]

Maybe.. this is just a ruse. He is just appealing to the democrats so he can get reelected and THEN swing right.

hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If I write in the blank "anyone but those guys" with an arrow pointing up at baker and hernandez or gonzales or whatever the f*** that guy is.... does that invalidate my whole ballot?

baker is the lesser of the two evils. any vote for anyone other than baker is a vote for gonzales.

Gonzales is already going to get a heavy hispanic votes just because of his name.

If he gets in we are beyond screwed.

Multiple latest polls show him up 35%. I can vote for Lively.

Overall you're not wrong. However I think you may be mistaken about FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act). The costs associated with FMLA hits businesses. If you own a business it could be seen as a tax, but otherwise there should be no direct cost to taxpayers. We currently use the Federal FMLA rules at my place of employment, and it's a giant pain in the ass. It's relatively easy to abuse, but it doesn't offer paid time off. I believe MA FMLA is funded by a payroll tax. I wouldn't be surprised if the taxpayer would be left footing the bill if the payroll tax cannot cover the cost.

So what you are saying is, if a BUSINESS has an increase in taxes, the business just pays it and NEVER passes those costs onto

A) Customers
B) Employees

Good. Vote YEs on 1, too. Because the cost of more nurses will only be borne (born?? borne? Bourne?. . . I dunno) by the hospitals.

Everything trickles down. An extra payroll tax means people won't get the raises they were expecting. It means costs might go up for consumers. Or a little bit of both. Or a lot of both.

NO.
NEW.
TAXES!

The thing is, most people in MA are liberal. There are more registered Democrats in MA than Republicans. And most of the unenrolled lean Democrat. Most people in MA don’t want what people on NES would call “a real Republican”.

So our choice for governor will range from a moderate to a liberal — a conservative has no chance in MA.
I think you are wrong here. Someone like Shauna O'Connell would stand a real chance to win as governor of this state. She may not be as far "right" as Scott Lively or as some of us would like, but she wouldn't screw us over on gun rights like Baker has time and time again. She IS a true conservative though.

I honestly like the democrats better than Baker right now. At least we know what we are getting. Baker will just stab us in the back again.

The sooner we get rid of Baker, the sooner we can have a conservative like Shauna O'Connell run.

charlie-warren-healey.jpg

So electing someone who will be even worse for gun owners will actually be better? That’s your theory? How has that worked in the past? Did a conservative get elected governor after Dukakis? No. Did a conservative get elected after Deval Patrick? No. But this time a miracle is going to happen? [rolleyes]

I dont think there is a gun bill that Baker wont sign. I may be wrong, but I dont think he's ever stood up for gun owners in word or deed.

I dont think it matters which one gets in.

My understanding is both employers and employees will pay for the FMLA act. Yes this means everyone that works. Yes this is a direct tax increase on business and working taxpayers both.

Yes, to fund layabouts, as if we don't do that enough already. There will be a**h***s that skip from job to job just to take FMLA benefits. It's guaranteed.

Thanks again Charlie you fxcking maggot.

I dont think there is a gun bill that Baker wont sign. I may be wrong, but I dont think he's ever stood up for gun owners in word or deed.

It doesn't. although I think Faker is pretty much a shoe in as an incumbent, because the "wonky MA pseudo independent that usually votes democrat, 9 out of 10 times" (that's like what, 50% of the voter base in MA?) archetype pretty much dovetails right with his shitty fake-republican archetype.

-Mike

Shaunna is unelectable as Gov'nah. Sadly EXACTLY for the reasons that make her so great. Her authoring and sponsorship of legislation is minimal, at best. Her job is to try and LIFT restrictions on life here. Your average Mass Hole doesn't get that. "Well, I'd rather vote for the toolbag that wrote 96 crappy bills in the last 3 years than the one that's written 1. She doesn't work!"

Maybe in time. Would love to see her in the corner office. Hell, I could pull the, "Governor? Sure, she lives just over yonder past the trees." But it won't happen. Because the opposition is ruthless and MA is currently so far left that Charlie looks like a right-wing nut-job (or a Right job wing-nut) to the average MA voter. :(

Anyone see the commercials of all the Democrat mayors of MA cities voicing their support and their vote for Baker/Polito?

Should tell you everything you need to know about him. The MA GOP ought to be ashamed of the shill he is.

Saw that last night. Not surprised at all. Baker/Polito = Lefty cocksuckers.

You are right on all points. I met Faker when he first ran and talked with him about answering GOAL's survey, etc. He was definitely slimy and nothing has changed.

He's also a shoe-in for re-election. There is absolutely no chance of him losing, so we can feel free to vote for whomever we like, it will not make any difference.

Won’t do a damn thing. In the unlikely event that Scott Lively or another conservative became the Republican nominee for governor in MA in a future election, they would lose badly and we would end up with a liberal Democrat as governor.

Vote for whoever you want. But don’t kid yourself that you would be achieving something to bring about a conservative revolution in MA.

Definately not, there is no doubt we are fully outnumbered by gunless liberal cucks. Scared? ...........

You are right on all points. I met Faker when he first ran and talked with him about answering GOAL's survey, etc. He was definitely slimy and nothing has changed.

He's also a shoe-in for re-election. There is absolutely no chance of him losing, so we can feel free to vote for whomever we like, it will not make any difference.

This is the reality.....right here. He's doing everything the demorats want, yet they can say the state is bi partisian because he is a "republican". Dems love it. It all smells nice and uncorrupt. We've been fully duped, and the fix is done. It's all good bro, agreeing to everything the Democrats want is a "moderate" stance. The media will ride with it. MA is nice and equal........ Yeah....feel good...Moderate. Yeah. If He's Moderate....everyone must be happy! Awesome sauce!

Vote him again if you like, but don't think he's anything but a democrat and will be cuckhold to their whims. Don't think your voting for the lesser of two evils. Your just wasting your time voting for an a**h*** thats going to get in anyway.

Last edited:
I think you are wrong here. Someone like Shauna O'Connell would stand a real chance to win as governor of this state. She may not be as far "right" as Scott Lively or as some of us would like, but she wouldn't screw us over on gun rights like Baker has time and time again. She IS a true conservative though.

I honestly like the democrats better than Baker right now. At least we know what we are getting. Baker will just stab us in the back again.

The sooner we get rid of Baker, the sooner we can have a conservative like Shauna O'Connell run.

She wouldn't even be electable outside of her district unless she sold herself out, Shauna has a unique setup much like someone like Dean Tran has in central
MA. There are enough normal, working/middle class people in their respective districts to offset the full on looney toon retard votes. Statewide though, when you rope in the moonbat districts? Forget it. They ruin everything, although it depends on who she has to run against. Then again, When faker ran against Jokely, probably the worst candidate the dems ever fielded (insert video of coakley thug pushing reporter here) she only lost by a couple of % points. This tells you what any non moonbat is up against. As time passes this situation appears to get worse, too.

I do think there is this shitty cabal-groupthink in Northeastern GOP circles though, that sometimes causes moron behavior in otherwise reasonable candidates. They hang around and pull the Goebbels bit on the pols they are supposed to assist. EG, there are GOP analysts, technophiles, GOP cabal types, etc, all feeding people like Faker bullshit, and they likely keep repeating the same bullshit over and over until he starts doing it. EG "this is what you need to do to get re elected because this focus group poll says this blah blah blah" . There's a lot of "baffling them with bullshit" stuff going on WRT political strategy. This continued dark pall of negative influence doesn't allow non moonbats to actually figure out where the real line is with the squishy independents in MA . It's like some kind of a disease. See also, pols like Scott Brown, and Kelly Ayotte- people who were respected, then sold themselves out after they got in office- there's quite obviously a reason for this, some kind of "programming" etc.

Of course another thing that doesn't help is this continued malaise negatively influences voter turnout on the non moonbat side. Most non-moonbats in MA have just about thrown in the towel, particularly WRT the gerrymandered districts, etc. It's difficult to motivate many people to vote when its obvious in a lot of cases the entire system is
rigged- so it feels less like voting and more like participating in a sham election... which is basically what this whole MA gub. deal is right now. I mean even from the primary it's quite obvious nobody respects it, when the only guy that shows up to challenge Faker is some BT/social con shithead like lively, lol.

-Mike

Baker is nothing but an attention whore who always looks at his popularity over actually having the balls drop to where men have them hanging.

I sent an email to the governor today, informing him that I voted for him, and I even got my wife to vote for him, the first time she ever voted Republican.

I wanted to let him know that I will not be voting for him again, due to his support for AG Healey. This is NOT what I voted for! I will vote for a democrat for the first time in my life to oust him from his office.

Has anyone else put any thought into this yet? I know it's early. My feeling is that wearing a Republican hat does not make one a republican, and I want someone that will apply due process to any new laws, and in particular gun control laws, at the very least, and not one that supports a rogue AG that just reinterprets existing law on a whim and immediately enforces it without input, review, or due process.
Do we have a write in option.
I’m not voting for the guy. I’m writing in someone even if it does not matter

not voting for Faker will suck short term, things may even get worse 2a wise. In the long term, it would be better. I hope MA Repubs wither and die and may be rebirth themselves out of elephants ass.

Vote for Faker now is an acknowledgement that you'd prefer lesser turd and bullshit Repubs will keep feeding you these turds forever. Nothing will change.

Baker supported Maura Healy's "Enforcement Notice" and he supported the ERPO legislation. Exactly how would someone else be worse for gun owners, would they sign the ERPO bill twice? I don't expect much from him on gun rights but at least throw up a speed bump once in a while, say something positive about responsible gun owners, mention the words due process. But no, he's actually supportive of the anti-gun nonsense and even takes credit for it for chrissakes. Then he threw small businesses under the bus w/ the Family Leave act. Again, at least throw up a speed bump. If I sensed even the slightest remorse or hesitation at him signing any of those that would be one thing but he does it gleefully FFS. I cannot think of anything he's done that Patrick or Gonzalez would have done differently so no, he's not getting my vote. I don't expect a conservative but if I'm going to get screwed it's not going to be by someone who's supposed to be on our side.

I disagree about no chance of him loosing. I've seen Faker commercials non-stop for at least two months now on utube. If he was confident in his victory, there is no reason to waste that much resources.

If your talking with someone affiliated with the Mass Republican Party, let them have it.

If they put a flaccid Nancy like him on the ballot, they can forget about the gun tribe’s support.

If your talking with someone affiliated with the Mass Republican Party, let them have it.

If they put a flaccid Nancy like him on the ballot, they can forget about the gun tribe’s support.

The MA R party brags about Charlie, and how they recaptured the governor's office. They don't give a shit about or even support Trump. The MA chapter of the party is lead by someone whose Wikipedia page has a bigger section devoted to "Singing" than it does to her "Legal career."

Hughes earned a degree in theater arts from New York University.[2] For over eighteen years, she worked as a singing waitress at West Quincy’s Common Market Café.[3] She also sang professionally in New York City, participated in community musicals, performed around Boston with a cover band called Velvet Krush, and played Ariel for a year in the Walt Disney World show Voyage of the Little Mermaid.[2][3]

She's cute though, for a RINO.

Back
Top Bottom