MA House Bill 1305 - An act relative to suppressors...

My wife has been reading up on shooting while pregnant. The number one medical recommendation is suppressors. Suppressors it is for the children, won't somebody think of the children.

The "children" in question are politician's children, not yours. Carry on peon and don't forget to pay your taxes. The "children" depend on it.

+1. I just spoke to my Rep - Sean Garbaly. He said from what he has heard, he sees no reason to vote against it.

I'm going to continue to push.

My biggest concern is it gets killed by never letting it out of committee.

Don

Excellent, sent rep your way. The more our legislators hear from us the better!

So the bill says it has been referred to the Joint Committee on the Judiciary.

Its hearing date has passed.

What is left? A vote?

How does it work in MA. Do they vote on all of them at the end of the session? I don't see that any bills have yet passed out of the Judiciary committee based on this page: https://malegislature.gov/Committees/Joint/J19

I guess what I'm asking is if we should bombard the committee members with calls and emails or if it is still just following the normal flow of things and isn't moving any slower than any other piece of legislation?

Also if anyone has a link to the legislative process in MA, I'd appreciate it.

Don

I may be corrected but if it has been referred to committee it can never be voted on and just die of natural causes.

Every bill goes "into" committee. Not all bills get "out of" committee.

Once a hearing is held, the committee can vote whether or not to move the bill to the floor of the legislature for a full vote. If they either ignore the bill until the end of the legislative session or vote it down, it dies without ever getting a vote by the full legislature.

Last edited:
I don't think much activity is going on in the statehouse. My gut tells me that most are rallying around their Dem favorite presidential candidates now instead. They usually get serious about legislation close to the end of the session (ends next Summer) and than blast out a bunch of bills like someone with diarrhea!

I don't think much activity is going on in the statehouse. My gut tells me that most are rallying around their Dem favorite presidential candidates now instead. They usually get serious about legislation close to the end of the session (ends next Summer) and than blast out a bunch of bills like someone with diarrhea!

Diarrhea is probably the most accurate description of the bills the MA legislature produces that I've ever heard.

Back
Top Bottom