• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Law for Gun Owners Insurance proposed

Linsky and his fellow backers of "An Act to Require Liability Insurance for Gun Ownership" (H.2487) are going to be sorely disappointed when they realize that insurance actuaries will set the cost based on the actual risk, meaning that "liability" insurance for rich white folk in the rural western parts of the state will be a pittance, while "urban" residents will be the only ones who they're actually stiggin'it to.

BosGlob said:
“An Act to Require Liability Insurance for Gun Ownership,” sponsored by Representative David Linsky and Senator Michael Barrett, is currently up for debate in the next legislative session.

Mandatory gun liability insurance is analogous to car insurance. All 50 states require car owners to purchase car insurance...
Just like Massachusetts to ignore the existence of New Hampshire (and Virginia).

H2487 said:
Section 207. (a) Whoever possess, carries, or owns a firearm, rifle or shotgun without a liability policy or bond or deposit required by the provisions of this chapter which has not been provided and maintained in accordance therewith shall be punished by a fine of not less than five hundred nor more than five thousand dollars or by imprisonment for not more than one year in a house of correction, or both such fine and imprisonment. This section shall not apply to a person who possesses a firearm, rifle, or shotgun on a temporary basis while on the premises of a licensed gun club.

(b) The commissioner of insurance shall promulgate regulations set forth for the minimum terms of liability insurance policies which shall satisfy the requirements of this section.
Pretty sure the commissioner cannot fix prices, nor require insurers to offer "liability insurance policies" covering intentional criminal acts.

One more thing regarding the Boston Globe article, don't make the mistake I did...
b6hsSzK.jpg

Last edited:
Besides, driving your car is not an enumerated constitutional right.
Get insurance for your 1st amendment right in case you offend someone?
If they offered that insurance I’d buy it and I don’t even believe in insurance.

They should start selling some kind of form of illegal immigrant insurance. I’m not sure if I want the illegals to buy it or if I got a buy it protect myself against the illegals.

You know what they really should sell is voting insurance..

If any of the above sound stupid, you’re probably not fully retarded

Fake news none of the carriers will underwrite it

This is a linsky horse/animal sex ejac special, introduced every session, fails every session
It also seems to allow a “bond or deposit” if you want to self-insure, which would be the only option in that case. Any guesses on the amount of money the state will require you to have to own guns?

My reaction to this bill, and anything else that dribbles out of Linsky’s mouth, is what the FPC would say about it. “f*** you, no.”

I thought “sureity bonds” were explicitly disallowed by Bruen?
I'll have to go back through it to be certain (on my phone so I don't have my notes)
The surety bonds were required of those who had in the past caused issues while armed in public so the courts could require them to post surety if they wanted to be armed in public.
Notice people couldn't be disbarred from being armed only required to post bonds AFTER be found guilty of being a public menace.
This would lead one to believe that prohibited persons still retain the right to own/carry arms as long a as they post surety commensurate with the risk they pose if we have a strict reading of Bruen.

Back
Top Bottom