Ma resident buying rifle in NH private sale???

What forms need to be completed if you want to purchase a rifle via private sale from a man in nh??? I'm sure its been answered before so sorry ahead of time for the repeat question.

You can't do this without breaking federal law. In this case you must use an FFL.... find an FFL in NH to do the
transfer through.

-Mike

You cannot, it must go through a 01-FFL unless IIRC at least one of you holds an 03-FFL (C&R), and the firearm in question is C&R eligible.

As a MA resident, you would need to fill out the FA-10 and check off he "regestration only " box without filling in any of the seller's info.

Iffin' I'm wrong a team of experts will be along shortly...

Iffin' I'm wrong a team of experts will be along shortly...

Nope, you're right on. No FTF sales between residents of different states without going through an FFL (as you point out, a C&R FFL may be acceptable).

Out of state rifle and shotgun transfers can go through an FFL in any state (subject to state laws). Out of state handgun transfers must go through an FFL in the buyer's state. In either case, without a lot of annoying paperwork, the buyer must be present at the FFL for the transfer, but the seller need not be.

Haven't looked at the EOPS FAQs lately, but my recollection was that they tended to stick pretty much to state law. In any case, 99.99% of interstate transfer law is simple enough it should be covered in any class.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom