Maine Non -resident timing

Sent mine in 4/4. they cashed my check and it cleared my account on 5/5. How much longer until it would typically get sent out? I figured once they cashed the check it would be in the mail right away, but I was dead wrong.

Thanks

Mine took approx. 3 months from the date I mailed it. They are swamped with applications just like every other state is at this time. I wouldn't call them and bother them. They are good people to deal with and will get that license out as soon as they can.

They are very good to deal with, when I got mine the dob was wrong, I called and had a new one with the correct dob in a few days. The first did take about 3 months.

Thank you all. So when it is time to renew, should I send mine in really early? Does the renewal license in Maine automatically start when the old one is expired?

i sent mine in at the beginning of april as well. still waiting.

i'm hoping mid-july based on the info i have gotten on the board.

Mine was 77 days from the day I mailed my application to date of issuance. My check had cleared almost exactly a month into the wait time.

I sent off my NH at the same time and the check still hasn't even cleared.

scratch that. Got mine today. It got mixed up in a junk mail paper. Good thing I didnt throw it out. lol.

To Recap: mailed 4/4, check cleared 5/5, received permit 6/29

Obama factor. I believe statute dictates within 30 however extraordinary circumstances may get them off the hook.
Actually, Title 25 (forgot the section, but I put it in another thread) says 60 days for a non-resident or for a resident who has lived in the state for less than five years. If they turn it down, the reason for denial should be given in writing within the 60 days, too.
But I think you're right about Bobama Factor. (And budget cuts don't help.)

Sent my ME Non-Res application the end of June, got it back in the mail a week later, I had accidentally put place of birth in the date of birth field. I was happy to see that they were working on the permits so quickly. Check just cleared yesterday, but guess that means I still have a month more?

Sent my ME Non-Res application the end of June, got it back in the mail a week later, I had accidentally put place of birth in the date of birth field. I was happy to see that they were working on the permits so quickly. Check just cleared yesterday, but guess that means I still have a month more?

same thing happened to me. it was 56 days from when the check posted on my account to when i got it in the mail.

resident is much much quicker. IF i was able to apply as a resident it would have been a few weeks instead of months, but the state wouldn't let me. on a side note- one of the guys who works for me lives in nh. he applied to his city pd and had it in a week or so no fee. we are both active duty, he is a mich resident and i am mass. he lives in nh and i in me. i guess nh isn't as money hungry as maine.

Back
Top Bottom