Maine Trapping Season ended today

One of the local trappers asked me if he could come in, and do some trapping. Sure... That was two Fall's ago, when my buddy, Kicker96FS, got his first deer.

I haven't seen Eddie (the trapper) for a while.

Turned out the he hurt his knee, and is just now getting back into trapping.

Maine extended the trapping season for beaver(because there are so many animals around the state), and it ended today, last day of March.

I have a trout stream going out past the back of my property, and it meanders through some swampy areas. Lots of wildlife out here.

Eddie put out some traps about a week ago.

I saw Eddie come in to get his traps this morning. And so I put on my boots, and went out to see how he did (he's only been trapping here for a week.)

His tally from one week:
1 LARGE beaver (pelt is worth about $180)

Last edited:
I don't trap. Lots in MA, but tough Tree Hugger laws here. Lots of flooding caused by beavers, and they won't let you do anything about them.

Special, costly, "humane" traps, and must be chacked once a day, as I understand it.

Yeah, they outlawed the useful, body gripper and foothold traps. and snares are only allowed in certain situations as I understand it. I was looking to get into it, but found it isnt worth it in mass at all.

Back
Top Bottom