• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man shot in the head in NYC subway during rush hour; person of interest in custody - UPDATE POST 16

I have zero expertise in this, but, to me this incident shows how important creating distance is when you have a way to protect yourself at a distance. The guy who had the gun closed the distance on the two people he was fighting, one of them already having stabbed him, lost his gun, and got shot in the head.

If you are cc on this train and this breaks out, I think you stay low, get to the back of the train and hope you can get off before stray bullets start flying. I can’t think of any situation where you draw on these three people and it ending up de-escalating without either shots fired, or you getting mobbed by people behind you. Either way, you are joining Daniel Penny in jail. This didn’t look like one defenseless person being attacked. It’s mutual combat by thugs and you stay out of it. The only wild card there being that a stray bullet ends up hitting you or an another poor schlub stuck on public transpo.

Knife fighting is the gnarliest fighting by far. Even guys with a lot of experience will tell you, even if you're really good you're in deep shit. If someone is athletic you ARE getting cut, and if someone is the least bit trained you're probably gonna die unless you can make space. You can knife fight with really no space at all, but to draw a gun and get a shot off takes a few inches that you don't really always have.

Knife fighting is the gnarliest fighting by far. Even guys with a lot of experience will tell you, even if you're really good you're in deep shit. If someone is athletic you ARE getting cut, and if someone is the least bit trained you're probably gonna die unless you can make space. You can knife fight with really no space at all, but to draw a gun and get a shot off takes a few inches that you don't really always have.
This reminds me of the old saying that the winner of a knife fight is the guy who dies second.

More than a few inches. It's shocking how quickly a (trained) guy with a blade can close.

I was just thinking... if someone on that train had a gun on them
That would take alot of courage to control yourself and determine if you should use it, don't use it. Threaten/control with it. And if that went south, you'd have to use it or they would get you. That's nuts. On top of that, you 100% are going to get arrested and attacked by media and courts will destroy you.
The answer is GTFO of NY
Nope, let the thugs have at it.

Seems like the easiest solution is to just leave the New York cess pool

Then you don't have to fight for survival and learn how to knife fight or avoid gunshots in public
Sucks the lunatic mayor and governor support this behavior.
I enjoy reading about it TBH , wouldn't mind a few of these exciting stories / videos each day.
Maybe make a movie, Escape from New York!
Or Liberal Survivor on CBS

Nope, let the thugs have at it.

Yup. I personally even if carrying I would be cowering with the rest of the folks at the other end of the car and waiting for the doors to open and bolt out. Zero fcuks are given how the gangbangers would race to the Darwin award one way or another.

Racist Black Guy shot...

NYC subway rider 'who shot aggressive gunman with his own weapon on crowded train will NOT be charged because he acted in self-defense', as cops say man he shot may not survive​

• Younece Obuad, 32, the man suspected of shooting a subway rider on Thursday, will not face charges as prosecutors found he acted in self-defense

Racist Black Guy shot...

NYC subway rider 'who shot aggressive gunman with his own weapon on crowded train will NOT be charged because he acted in self-defense', as cops say man he shot may not survive​

• Younece Obuad, 32, the man suspected of shooting a subway rider on Thursday, will not face charges as prosecutors found he acted in self-defense
Wtf ?
Do they only charge United States Marines for saving innocent people.
F New York! What a shithole.

What we really need is a secret Chinese cloning program that is cranking out Bernie Goetz clones riding the subway system.
Crime problem would be solved quicker than you can say, "You don't look so bad. Here's another".
i'd feel safer with paul kersey, but that's just me. bernie would work also.

1710534022051.png

Reminds me of my favorite poorly written headline: POLICE SAY MAN SHOT IN HEAD, REFUSE TO COMMENT

I'd be reticent to comment too, if I were shot in the head...

Back
Top Bottom