• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Jan 28 & 29- 500 TABLES!

The one with the worn-daily, never washed camouflage jacket that and Cabelas/Bass Pro/Ducks Unlimited/or NRA hat??? Overweight with white sneakers?

I was wearing Wiley X sunglasses and XXXL multicam army uniform with a 5.11 murse with my name on it so people would take me seriously.

I pretty much just sat at the snack bar table eating roller dogs and roast beef sandwiches offering unsolicited advice on guns and politics to whoever sat next to me.

The one with the worn-daily, never washed camouflage jacket that and Cabelas/Bass Pro/Ducks Unlimited/or NRA hat??? Overweight with white sneakers?
Ill be there in khaki pants with a blue hoodie wearing salomons and a nice neat hair cut. Wont have the sunglasses on inside. I have a tan hat too if needed

I was wearing Wiley X sunglasses and XXXL multicam army uniform with a 5.11 murse with my name on it so people would take me seriously.

I pretty much just sat at the snack bar table eating roller dogs and roast beef sandwiches offering unsolicited advice on guns and politics to whoever sat next to me.

Thanks but that's almost as unspecific as your previous post. Narrows it down to like 1 out of 4 attendees.

They had a sign this time where you buy admission tickets:

"It is illegal to sell AR-15 and AK-47 according to mgl..."

Never seen that before.

Pant shitting skin flints setting up the show?
I think it said "the AG has decided that AR15s and AKs..." I saw that the last two times, and didn't cite MGL, just Maura's opinion.

Was some charity event called 'Build a Bed' or something like that.. People come build beds and give them away.
Would have been a good opportunity for some good press. Get a bunch of gun people to volunteer and help, but everyone wears a t-shirt with "I'm here for the gun stores"

It wasn't as empty as the last Wilmington show. Dave the Magazine guy from PA that's always at the furthest tables to the left died last week. His friend Tony and his wife that always set up behind him took his spot and I believe they had some of his stuff. I also found out what happened to N.Y. Chris, the Big ammo guy. I guess he was a no show a few shows back so now he's persona non grata. I bought some targets, a small bag, and replacement for my Olight Warrior 2 that shit the bed last week. Cape Cod Gun Works had an Australian SAP 556 AR Pistol for $6,000. The Gun Parlor has one for $5,000. I sold my Uzi last year so it peaked my interest, but not for that much.

Last edited:
It wasn't as empty as the last Wilmington show. Dave the Magazine guy from PA that's always at the furthest tables to the left died last week. His friend Tony and his wife that always set up behind him took his spot and I believe had some of his stuff. I also found out what happened to N.Y. Chris, the Big ammo guy. I guess he was a no show a few shows back so now he's persona non grata. I bought some targets, a small bag, and replacement for my Olight Warrior 2 that shit the bed last week. Cape Cod Gun Works had an Australian SAP 556 AR Pistol for $6,000. The Gun Parlor has one for $5,000. I sold my Uzi last year so it peaked my interest, but not for that much.
Damn, that's sad about Dave. When I didn't see him or his tables there, I knew something bad was up. I didn't ask Tony this time because I feared the worst. 😢

You also explained the new ammo guy. Crazy high prices, but a pretty slick display set-up. Lots of people looking... just not sure if buying.

I also found out what happened to N.Y. Chris, the Big ammo guy. I guess he was a no show a few shows back so now he's persona non grata.
Chris and his dad Steve used to do Patti's Concord and Manchester, NH shows. Last name is Spivak, IIRC. Steve was always friendly and would cut you a deal if you bought enough. Chris, not at all. Don't know if Steve is still alive.

Last edited:
Chris and his dad Steve used to do Patti's Concord and Manchester, NH shows. Last name is Spivak, IIRC. Steve was always friendly and would cut you a deal if you bought enough. Chris, not at all. Don't know if Steve is still alive.
Yes, his last name is Spivak and I believe the late Dave's last name was Coleman. Chris has cut me many a deal. Back in the day I would go both days to Wilmington, Marlboro & Fitchburg. I'd look around on Saturdays and go back on Sundays around noon and make offers on all manner of things I'd seen the day before. Some vendors would cave because the show was almost over and they didn't want to pack it up, bring it home just to cart it to the next show. I did this a lot with Chris. He had purchased a 20' Shipping Container of 7.62x54R and was selling it at 25 - 27 cents a round. I remember getting 4 cases for 24 cents at a Marlboro show. I was visiting my friend in Norwell one Sunday and I went to the Plymouth show in the big white inflated building. Chris had one case left, we haggled for a bit and he said 23 cents with the agreement I would do a bulk buy. I'm not licenced to sell ammunition but I did a group buy with 3 other people and one gun shop. We paid 20.5 cents a round. Every time Chris sees me he offers to buy it back for double what I paid him. I politly decline, we'll never see those numbers again.

Back
Top Bottom