Marlboro Jan 28 & 29- 500 TABLES!

Drove by yesterday at 11am. Long line wrapped around the side of the building. Kept driving, went home and showered......
Was still a waiting line snaking through the foyer at 1:00 PM when I got there. :oops: At least they let you wait inside. [laugh]

I sure wasn't expecting that, but the line disappeared not long after. What brought out such a crowd? The nice weather? Or Maura & Andrea? o_O

Yes, his last name is Spivak and I believe the late Dave's last name was Coleman. Chris has cut me many a deal. Back in the day I would go both days to Wilmington, Marlboro & Fitchburg. I'd look around on Saturdays and go back on Sundays around noon and make offers on all manner of things I'd seen the day before. Some vendors would cave because the show was almost over and they didn't want to pack it up, bring it home just to cart it to the next show. I did this a lot with Chris. He had purchased a 20' Shipping Container of 7.62x54R and was selling it at 25 - 27 cents a round. I remember getting 4 cases for 24 cents at a Marlboro show. I was visiting my friend in Norwell one Sunday and I went to the Plymouth show in the big white inflated building. Chris had one case left, we haggled for a bit and he said 23 cents with the agreement I would do a bulk buy. I'm not licenced to sell ammunition but I did a group buy with 3 other people and one gun shop. We paid 20.5 cents a round. Every time Chris sees me he offers to buy it back for double what I paid him. I politly decline, we'll never see those numbers again.
I guess I never developed the same rapport with Chris as I had with his dad.

So is there an NES sausage party at the snack bar, or will this thread just turn into another NES missed connections thread?
I didn't end up going because Ive been stuck on hold woth Denny's Corporate all morning trying to file this complaint

There was a leather belt guy there yesterday (kinda mid-show toward the back). Not sure if he does doggie collars.

I know who he is talking about, the guy would have a huge display along the wall with all kinds of custom belts and wallets and maybe jackets, been a while.

Damn, that sucks. Does anyone know his contact info? Is there another leather guy there? Or is it all jerky, cheese, overpriced ammo and on list guns and a bunch of Nazi crap?
There was a leather 'woman' down one of the aisles, small table with custom leather stuff for sale.. I would imagine if she is a leatherworker she would make a dog collar, not on the spot like the other guy though.

There was another table with a Walter Dyer display, he might be able to hook you up.

Got there about 11:30. I saw the line was out the door and across the front and around the side. I didn’t even get out of the car. Just turned around and left. (Pissed off the security guy who thought I was trying to get into the lot by the building.)

There was a leather 'woman' down one of the aisles, small table with custom leather stuff for sale.. I would imagine if she is a leatherworker she would make a dog collar, not on the spot like the other guy though.

There was another table with a Walter Dyer display, he might be able to hook you up.
I bought a bunch of belts from the Walter Dyer last year.
I miss the old leather guy, he'd do all kinds of stuff, nice craftsmanship.

If any you guys are into custom knives, a guy near the front has about $20k in custom old school Striders, a few really rare models.. Not a fan of Mickey Burger and will not spend any money on his knives, but he is or was quite the craftsman.

Was not a bad show. I like to look at (and possibly purchase) WW2 military arms M1, M1 Carbine and 1911's. In the pe-Covid Marlboro Shows the was typically less that 1/2 dozen fathom at any show. Much to my surprise the recent show has at least 2 dozen M1's from very collectable to fixer uppers.

There were at least a dozen Military 1911's with an equsl number of M1 carbines. Was anyone giving them away? No, but if they were they would not have been there.

Did not see the miltary knife guy?

Damn, that sucks. Does anyone know his contact info? Is there another leather guy there? Or is it all jerky, cheese, overpriced ammo and on list guns and a bunch of Nazi crap?
The Maine Jerky guy wasn't there but back in the right hand corner next to the snack bar, was crazy Dawn and her new husband selling all kinds of stuff including a little jerky, I passed.
I just remembered something weird that happened yesterday. I was dealing with the Olight guy, upgrading to the Warrior WII when some random guy approached us. He had a backpack, held it up and asked if we were buying handguns. The Chinese Olight guy looked confused, I said no, we're not buying any handguns. He just kinda stood the for a minute then went to the table across from Olight asking the same question while holding up the backpack. Was the guy just a weirdo or is he a plant and if so, (INAL) wouldn't that be considered entrapment.

I guess I never developed the same rapport with Chris as I had with his dad.
Chris can be a dick, no question. Early on I'd try to beat him up on some stuff but I'd buy other stuff at the marked price. Nobody likes a bottom feeder, everybody's got to eat. It took me a few years to develop a rapport. Hell, I've dealt with him at least 30 or 40 times and he doesn't even know my name, he calls me the rimmed guy. I realize he's referring to my propensity for 7.62x54R, at least I hope that's why :oops: .

They had a sign this time where you buy admission tickets:

"It is illegal to sell AR-15 and AK-47 according to mgl..."

Never seen that before.

Pant shitting skin flints setting up the show?
The best part about the bald guy too was that there was an ATF Booth about 10 or 20 ft away from his booth and basically the two agents that were sitting there with their pamphlets were just kind of like almost falling asleep completely disinterested in MA garbage laws. 🤣

They've had that sign hanging at all the mass shows for a few years, don't think anybody looks at it.

Lol it's there because the vendors selling overpriced prebans got the promoter to roll on everyone else. Nobody looks at it but it's obvious why it's there. Because a bunch of people want a competition free zone for rape. 🤣

It wasn't as empty as the last Wilmington show. Dave the Magazine guy from PA that's always at the furthest tables to the left died last week. His friend Tony and his wife that always set up behind him took his spot and I believe they had some of his stuff. I also found out what happened to N.Y. Chris, the Big ammo guy. I guess he was a no show a few shows back so now he's persona non grata.

That's funny that one of the promoters biggest pets flaked on her. He always got good placement. Probably got sick of her shit, lol. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom