• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro next weekend 9/23 & 9/24

Well that is a stellar review thank you for affirmation of my decision not to attend.

I would actually disagree a little. I went with some friends that hadn’t gone before and it was fun watching their reactions. There were several new gun vendors there and Mass Armament has really stepped up their game.

There were many of the old time vendors that weren’t there. Even the jerky vendor wasn’t there. (He was at the Big E). But the new vendors gave something new to the show. Overall i enjoyed it and didnt think it was a waste like I have in the past.

Even came home with a cheap bullpup 12 gauge semi auto and some ammo. If I had the coin there was a double stacked LLama 1911 at B&K I would have bought. Love those old steel guns.

went earlier today, no line to get in plenty of open parking in the main lot
not looking for anything so i was not disappointed. saw 2 guns i was interested in,
one was triple the price i was willing to pay, and the other was atleast 150+ over
also saw ton of overpriced preban glock mags, are people really paying $200+ for a preban magazine? really
most places sell post ban, 10 round glock mags for 20 - 30 you can buy a boatload of 10 rd mags and learn how to do mag changes
so came home emptyhanded, but , i got out of my house for couple hours (45 min ish ride each way) ride wasn't bad, little bit of rain here/ there
overall good way to kill some time.

Friends and I had three tables there and we all had a great time even though sales were very slow. Unless you were selling baseball bats wrapped up in barbed wire. Those were going fast. In between the Looky Loos, Mr Clipboard and the folks who consider a vendor table a petting zoo I got to meet and talk to some fellow Massachusetts gun nuts who are always very nice people. I'll do it again next September. Once a year is more than enough. 😁

It used to be kind of worth it for small parts, ammo and components to avoid shipping/hazmat. even with the admission it could be worth it. But that’s been a long time gone now. I will say that it was also a good way too see a lot of different guns in one place to just window shop.

I wanted to go this weekend but had other family obligations
Or you could go to Shooter's Outpost in Hoosett instead.

That store is largely why I stopped going to NH gun shows. I saw more stuff I actually was interested in there than the show with the $1200 Ruger Old Army

Back
Top Bottom