Mass Firearms, Holliston - Thumbs Up!

Hooper

NES Member
Drove 1 1/2 hours to get to their new retail shop today in Holliston to pick up a Ruger SR22. Very glad I did. First of all, the show room is top notch. It's light, clean and the stock is easy to see.

The guys behind the counter were first rate. VERY helpful, knowledgable and incredibly friendly. No attitude, no machismo BS. This was my first pistol purchase and they made it easy!

Selection was good (can't find anyone in my area that even had this gun. They had multiples). Price was more than fair. In this time of increased prices, especially for a gun that people seem to really want, they were behind MSRP! $309.00! Can't beat that. Unfortunately no .22LR ammo though

Over all a true pleasure to shop there. I will be back for sure!

THANKS MFS!

Last edited:
I need to head there to see the new facility. I took my training course there a couple of years ago and it was in a shared office building using the air system guns. Would love to use the range, but from Peabody it would just be way to long of a drive. I hope that SR22 works out for you, I've been wanting a complete upper or just get one of the .22lr AR's that are out there.

Charles.

NewGunGuy, they had several 15-22s at 450ish each.

2 less as of about 6 o'clock this evening. A woman was there buying one and I snagged another at about the same time.

Great experience at the new store, VERY slick looking, clean, and well organized (Even moreso than I would expect of a new store). They're running a 1 box limit on most of their ammo at the moment though, which I can forgive only because I assume they feed the range portion of their business off the same stock. Clerks were quick and friendly, and prices were quite good especially considering the times. Once their inventory fills out a bit more they will be a store even more worth driving to than they are now. I really like that you could try guns before purchasing for just 5 smackers plus the cost of ammo, which was reasonable. It'd probably cost less than 10 bucks to shoot a gun you're interested in.

Highly recommended, definitely a shop to keep an eye on.

Large selection of competitively priced firearms & ammo. Example Ruger 1911 $699.00, Arsenal AK's starting at $999.99 & AE .223 for $10.99 a box (no limit). I'd say they have more military style rifles hanging on the walls than Zero Hour Arms. The sq footage is large enough so that you can browse with feeling like a your in a sardine can. Their staff was friendly & helpful. I would definitely check them out.

One (BIG!) caveat... If your GPS wants you to drive thru Framingham center, GO AROUND! [smile]
I didn't remember the second time I went there, and would up spending something like 40 minutes to go one mile through downtown Framingham.

Purchased an Arsenal sam7 series rifle and a case of ammo there last week.

Nothing exciting to report. They were polite and helpful, and have a real website.

This is a great place to get training! I took my MA firearms safety course here a year and half ago but never applied for my LTC until a few months ago. Being that it was almost a year from when I originally took the course, I wanted a refresher before applying for my LTC. MFS let me retake the course for FREE. Their staff is very knowledgeable and willing to work with you. I probably would of signed up to be a member except they're pretty far from where live and they don't allow rife calibers on their range. Still they have a nice facility and one of the only "try before you buy" LGS that I know of in MA.

I'm not sure why I don't see more reviews for MFS. I had another great buying experience. Their prices are very competitive and their staff is friendly. They stock a large selection of pistols, rifles, EBR's, ammo and accessories. They are quick to respond to e-mail inquiries.

They also have an indoor range and offer various firearms related classes. I have no experience with that aspect of their business.
Summary: I highly recommend that you checkout Mass Firearms School if you are in the market for a new firearm.

Haven't purchased anything in the store yet, but I took my Mass Firearms Safety Course and their Concealed Carry I class there, all within the past 2-3 months. The instructors were great. Can't remember who did the safety course, but he was great, took the time to explain everything and make sure everyone got something out of the class. The Concealed Carry I class was excellent, Mac is a great instructor and a funny guy, makes the class interesting. Definitely looking forward to taking the rest of his Concealed Carry classes in the coming few months.

Back
Top Bottom