Mass SP course report entry times?

milktree

NES Member
Is there a way for an instructor who issues Mass safety certificates to check that the state has accepted the report?

I've always told my students, "give the state a week or so to record the course report"

Is that true? Is there a way I can verify the report has been processed and accepted?

Why worry about that?

It's probably rare that a PD checks with MSP to verify a cert anyway. That system is there in case they ask MSP, but TTBOMK there is no requirement for a PD to make that query.

Why worry about that?

It's probably rare that a PD checks with MSP to verify a cert anyway. That system is there in case they ask MSP, but TTBOMK there is no requirement for a PD to make that query.

There isn't? That's interesting. When I took the instructor course... (nine-ish years ago, I renew my SP cert next year) I inferred, perhaps erroneously, that the only thing the PD cared about was the information on the safety cert because they'd verify it with the SP anyway. That's why nobody cares if you give the PD a photocopy and not the original.

There isn't? That's interesting. When I took the instructor course... (nine-ish years ago, I renew my SP cert next year) I inferred, perhaps erroneously, that the only thing the PD cared about was the information on the safety cert because they'd verify it with the SP anyway. That's why nobody cares if you give the PD a photocopy and not the original.
Only some A-hole PDs might want to verify credentials, most if not almost all take them at face value.

GOAL is running a few courses thru out the state for MA instructors. The MSP person that receives those reports was there and the police dept DO call her to check that person took the course. Also as an MA instructor you are required to take this course before MSP will renew your instructor credentials. Check the GOAL web site for more info.

GOAL is running a few courses thru out the state for MA instructors. The MSP person that receives those reports was there and the police dept DO call her to check that person took the course. Also as an MA instructor you are required to take this course before MSP will renew your instructor credentials. Check the GOAL web site for more info.
Huh? What specific course? I don't see anything obvious on the GOAL Training webpage. I also haven't heard anything about this.

Before you renew? Are you sure? Can you provide a reference? I'm surprised I've not heard about this.

This course is not a requirement to renew your credentials. GOAL was asked by several members to bring back the BFS Law Primer that was first created in 2008, to apprise certified instructors of their obligations to their students, the NRA, state law and regulation. LT. Al Zani attended one of our MA Gun Law for Citizens class and was highly impressed. Lt. Zani and Administrator Krisitn Ryan were asked to contribute to the new BFS Law Primer. Lt. Zani is requiring all MSP BFS Instructors to show some type of continuing education in order to renew the credentials. The BFS Primer is one option. I recommend contacting Al Zani for other classes, seminars and options.
Kristin Ryan asked that course reports be sent in within 30 days as some issuing authorities are verifying the authenticity of the BFS certificates.
Our 1st BFS Primer was held at Shawme a few weeks ago. The feedback has been 100% positive even from the retired officers that bitched the most about having to take a course in order to renew their creds. This 4hr seminar includes a review of the training laws/regs, best practices for suicide prevention, the applicable laws for possession, transport and storage. All attendees receive applicable hard copies and a flash drive with writable certificates, forms, videos and other cool info. Cost is $20 for GOAL members and $60 for non-members.

Back
Top Bottom