• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

I am thinking about dropping in tonight and fill out an application. How long is the wait for the test and interview? How difficult is the test?

I am going in tonight for my final interview. It seems they were booking out about 4 weeks the total process took me about 6 weeks or so. The test was simple enough - read the documentation they give you a bunch of times (highlight what you think is important) and you should be able to pass without question. They give you the chance to back out of the test if you think your not prepared. I would not sweat it just do your homework (read/absorb) and you will be fine.

I am very interested in the club. I plan on shooting mainly rifle range, trap, and archery. Is it possible to get a tour without a host member, or would I need a member to show me the facilities?

I am very interested in the club. I plan on shooting mainly rifle range, trap, and archery. Is it possible to get a tour without a host member, or would I need a member to show me the facilities?

Neuro,

Show up Wednesday nights (6pm-8pm) or Sunday mornings (9am-12pm) when the office is open. Someone there should be able to give you a tour. Or you can see if anyone from NES will give you a tour. I can give you a tour sometime if you'd like. I'd offer this coming Saturday but I'm already giving someone else a tour (and don't want to bring too many guests at once).

I am going in tonight for my final interview. It seems they were booking out about 4 weeks the total process took me about 6 weeks or so. The test was simple enough - read the documentation they give you a bunch of times (highlight what you think is important) and you should be able to pass without question. They give you the chance to back out of the test if you think your not prepared. I would not sweat it just do your homework (read/absorb) and you will be fine.

That is my problem, I haven't taken a test since the 80's! Lol! Well I went & have my test in April!

That is my problem, I haven't taken a test since the 80's! Lol! Well I went & have my test in April!

Don't get too wound up about the test. They aren't trying to trick you and make you fail. They are just making sure you have read and understand the rules of the club. Lots of it is common sense, the rest is clearly laid out in the book they give you.

Seriously, do study, but don't worry.

Got my access key and I am excited to be a new member. Might even go by at my lunch break to warm up my 1911. Look forward to meeting and shooting with other NES/MRA members.

Got my access key and I am excited to be a new member. Might even go by at my lunch break to warm up my 1911. Look forward to meeting and shooting with other NES/MRA members.

Torn between the gym and exercising my new 617 today at lunch, I'll let you know.

Chris

I have my interview on Sunday morning, but with the snow storm, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it or if they will be open.

What happens if either of those are the case?

I have my interview on Sunday morning, but with the snow storm, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it or if they will be open.

What happens if either of those are the case?

Since the office is staffed solely with volunteers, I'd call first: 781-933-2138

That said, they usually are open (when the Governor doesn't make it illegal to be on the roads) during "office hours".

Since the office is staffed solely with volunteers, I'd call first: 781-933-2138

That said, they usually are open (when the Governor doesn't make it illegal to be on the roads) during "office hours".

I was hoping to drop off my application and schedule everything on Sunday too.

I would also suggest calling the office before heading over. Opens at 9am. Some of the volunteers could be delayed because of the snow.

Also, on the club's website, sign up for the eblast - if the office is actually closed, and email will be sent out.

I know about RR1.17; that's why I'm asking. Green Tip isn't incendiary (orange tip) or armor piercing (black tip), and I didn't think it was steel core? Wouldn't that make it ok to shoot?

EDIT: Oops, just found a website saying that green tip is in fact steel core. I guess that makes the answer pretty clear... I couldn't find that earlier when I looked. [wink]

I know about RR1.17; that's why I'm asking. Green Tip isn't incendiary (orange tip) or armor piercing (black tip), and I didn't think it was steel core? Wouldn't that make it ok to shoot?

EDIT: Oops, just found a website saying that green tip is in fact steel core. I guess that makes the answer pretty clear... I couldn't find that earlier when I looked. [wink]

I just stumbled upon this. Its allowed in Loeb, Summa, McLaughlin! A recent change!

Federal Green Tip 5.56 x 45mm - General Issues - Massachusetts Rifle Association Forums

How did you get access to the forum? I tried registering but getting error...emailed admin a few weeks back but never heard anything.

must have known it was you [wink]

I think you should email again - must be an over sight. Just curious, do you remmebr what the error was?

Haha no surprise

I just get bounced back to the forum - Error, Sorry you don't have permission to do that.
That is when I try to register, create an account or any other combination of trying to log in for a new user.
I will email the admin again :)

Haha no surprise

I just get bounced back to the forum - Error, Sorry you don't have permission to do that.
That is when I try to register, create an account or any other combination of trying to log in for a new user.
I will email the admin again :)

If no joy...if you can catch Bobby R. at the office, he may be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom