Massachusetts to Ban Bushmaster, Colt AR's???

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
I recieved my weekly E mail from Carl at 4 Seasons today. In it he mentions a proposed bill in the Massachusetts House that would ban Bushmaster, Colt and other types of AR rifles from future sales in Masssachusetts.

Has anyone else heard about this? I can't seem to find anything on line from Goal or the Statehouse.

Is this official? Is it under consideration?

Does anyone have a bill number or any info? Any information would be appreciated.

Bill

[shocked]

If this is true, I hope I get my license before it happens so I can at least buy a lower [sad] Unfortunately it seems like just about any gun law proposed can be passed in MA [angry]

Every legislative session one of the moonbats files the following bills (or very close to it):

- Ban on all so-called semi-auto "assault weapons",
- 1 gun a month bill,
- Requiring a massive insurance policy for EACH handgun you own,
- Some further restrictions on handguns or licensing,
- Etc., ad nauseum!

ANYONE can file a bill. Will it ever go anywhere? You (GOAL) needs to be vigilant, keep our legistraitors properly informed, etc. however "the sky is NOT falling" (every year).

[shocked]

If this is true, I hope I get my license before it happens so I can at least buy a lower [sad] Unfortunately it seems like just about any gun law proposed can be passed in MA [angry]

There's a refile of Linskys bill.... H 1900, but if I'm reading it correctly, it only covers the sale/transfer of "pre-ban" configured firearms.

An Act TO CLOSE A LOOPHOLE INTHE ASSAULT WEAPON BAN AND FURTHER REDUCE GUN VIOLENCE IN THECOMMONWEALTH.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives inGeneral Court assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:

Section 123 ofchapter 140 of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby amended by strikingin clause 16 the words:- ?that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994?, and inserting in place thereofthe following:? ?unless such sale, lease, rent,transfer or delivery is made to a law enforcement agency.?

http://www.mass.gov/portal/gog_cach...LLSxHOUSEx&proxystylesheet=mgov&oe=ISO-8859-1

There could be other bills on file in the House and Senate, however, the MA General Court website is poorly updated.

Every legislative session one of the moonbats files the following bills (or very close to it):

- Ban on all so-called semi-auto "assault weapons",
- 1 gun a month bill,
- Requiring a massive insurance policy for EACH handgun you own,
- Some further restrictions on handguns or licensing,
- Etc., ad nauseum!

ANYONE can file a bill. Will it ever go anywhere? You (GOAL) needs to be vigilant, keep our legistraitors properly informed, etc. however "the sky is NOT falling" (every year).

With one major difference.... this time around we have to contend with a known anti-RKBA governor who is actively working with the Brady Campaign. [angry]

LenS, yeah I guess they do, but with Patrick at the helm, I'm more worried. I agree with crypto.

Back
Top Bottom