May be the last one...correct 12/43 Remington M03A3

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Sold a Mauser and picked up this nice Remington M03A3. 12/43, correct blue and park finish, lightly used, and two arsenal visits OG and either AAA or SJA. As with the M17 Winchester, I had to remove a coat of shellac and rub in some BLO. Only thing that's missing is the stacking swivel, which is on order. I had saved the accessories from the Smith-Corona, as I had planned on replacing it at the time.

Time....

Not sure where I'm going now. Heart attack, so many surgeries and recoveries. Can't really shoot a rifle anymore. I'm thinking of selling all but my very favorites for a second antique car I can use in WW2 re-enacting, as I can't field any more....although I plan to give it one more try next year. Only need an American Krag if I want to complete the American firearms collection.

Funny...don't know what I really want anymore...got lots of thinking to do.

t
IMG_1986.jpegIMG_1987.jpegIMG_1988.jpegIMG_1989.jpegIMG_1990.jpegIMG_1979.jpegIMG_1980.jpegIMG_1981.jpegIMG_1985.jpeg

Last edited:
@majspud The Ogden Arsenal stamp in that position indicates an arsenal inspection before it was put into storage to be later sold to the public. Many of those were unissued to begin with and just got a look see before being put to bed. The stamp in the box is FJA (Frank J Atwood, inspector) and is an original inspection stamp when it left Remington. It looks like it actually was not re-arsenaled and just inspected at Ogden. Not sure what happened to the handguard or sling swivel but that probably happened when it got varnished.

How's the bore look?

Bore is pristine. IIRC an unboxed OG was an inspection only...a boxed OG was a rebuild. Stacking swivel was broken off with the stub still there. Found a NOS part from an original bag on eBay.

Looking forward to shooting it, but am only 12 days removed from shooting shoulder surgery.

t

Last edited:
QB;
What size for a Mauser?
Still have the 8mm brass.
1903A3 STACKING SWIVEL REMINGTON ARMS CO ORG WW2

think this counts as NOS.
t

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom