Maynard Rod and Gun Club

I certainly hope I am posting this in the correct place as it is my first NES post. I am new to the gun owner community and am looking to join a gun club. I grew up near the Maynard Rod and Gun Club and live close to it now. I was wondering if people would recommend this club as I have not been able to find another Thread about it. Please let me know. Thanks. -- Curtis

im also interested in this club, im a member at MRA in woburn and just bought a house in maynard 3 miinutes away from the maynard rod and gun club.. id love to not have to travel to shoot, there website has basically no info on it.... thanks in advance to any info from the members of the club

Contact NETracker here on NES, he's an Instructor and teaches at Maynard R&G IIRC. He should be able to help with info on the club.

IIRC, it's a bar club with little actual shooting.

I know that when I worked in the Mill (DECcie) the club was having lots of problems with the new neighborhood that was built up on the other side of the property. Don't know anything about the current status.

I live in Brighton now and am moving to Waltham in August, is there a different club you would recommend, that is decently close? Ideally, I would like an Indoor and Outdoor Pistol Range as well as an Outdoor Rifle Range and Skeet (which I have only done once but really enjoyed it). Please let me know. Thanks. - Curtis

I know that maynard has Trap....we've had their shooters at our club.

Best bet is to go to the club's website, and see what's up, then set up a "for real " tour. All the Maynarianns (?) that I've encounterd were good eggs.

There are several clubs in your area, got to www.northeastranges.com and look around.

To CFFreedman - take a look at Southborough R&GC www.srgclub.com we have the basics you're looking for , plus.

Maynard was a very active skeet club, with multiple well-maintained skeet fields, when I used to shoot regularly there in the late 70s. I don't know if that's the case any more. Unless things have changed greatly, they do have the four things you're looking for - indoor/outdoor pistol, outdoor rifle, and skeet. The indoor pistol range is very nice, and Maynard fields a team in the Nashoba Valley bullseye league. Harvard is a great club, but they don't have a real skeet field, just an area with some traps where you can do a little informal clay shooting, and the indoor pistol range isn't as nice as many in the area. The outdoor pistol/rifle ranges and particularly the action shooting pits are excellent at Harvard. You might want to look into Riverside in Hudson.

I've been to Maynard for the skeet shoots on Sunday mornings and had excellent times. They shoot skeet 52 Sunday mornings per year, in all kinds of rotten weather. I believe they do skeet on a weeknight, too, but I never went there at night. The people who frequent the club are top-notch, helpful, friendly, and kind. I'd recommend that club to anyone.

Thanks to everyone that has posted information. I really appreciate it. Through this process of finding a club, a friend suggested the Massachusetts Rifle Association in Woburn. Has anyone had a membership there before?

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm planning on attending the Executive Board Meeting next week (March 14) to apply as a member and I was wondering if anyone was planning on being there.

Aloha,
Doug

Does anyone have an up-to-date opinion on this club? It would be nice to drive less.

Some signs that it may be less of a Bar & Fudd club than before:
– I hear more shooting than before
– New action range
– The rules allow strings of five shots in 10 seconds (I think that was much more limited when I looked a few years ago)
– They explicitly allow IDPA targets now even thought they still have a rule against human silhouettes
– The website is being maintained

I go there. It is simple, but it doesn't cost too much and it is the closest one to home. The rules are not too difficult to follow. The only one that bothers me is types of targets allowed. All of the rules on their website.

Maynard Dad- see my post on pg 3 of this forum...I am a member and can assure you the Bar rep is now myth. Check out our website, or contact me for a tour if you'd like. Something here for everyone...Great bunch of folks

I ended up joining the club. Lots of activity and all the facilities I could wish, with more on the way. All the people I've met have been great.

Welcome to the club. I think you will be happy there. A good way to meet people is to join a committee or a team or both. Pistol is starting up pretty soon and I know they've been looking for some shooters. Some of those guys are club officers so it is a really good team to join.

Back
Top Bottom