• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MCW Kit

Hey guys, the Paxton club aka CMARA is going to be doing a MCW (Modulated CW) kit and net this spring and into the summer. The MCW kit allows you to do CW over 2m FM. The plan is to hold a net once a week where CW will be taught and people will use the kit to practice either on the net or via simplex.

If you are looking for a good club project, you may want to consider this one.

$50 for the kit to build yourself.

PM me if you want more info.

And description on what this is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I would be interested. Is this still going on??

Sorry, no. The deadline has passed for this.

Email [email protected] and inquire about the plans and parts. We did a group buy on the parts to save money. Total cost was $50

The MCW box allows you to hook up your paddle and mic to the box, it then plugs into your mic jack on the radio. You flip a switch and it will disable the mic and enable the paddle and generate a modulated CW signal that will work on FM. This way, you can practice CW on 2m simplex or on a repeater based net.

I love the idea of the switch between key and mic. I assume they use that for training sessions where they send CW then switch to voice to talk about it. Nice.

Is there documentation on the web for what you built? Did you use the PicoKeyer as the heart of it. I know it has an MCW mode, but it doesn't have the mic switch.

I love the idea of the switch between key and mic. I assume they use that for training sessions where they send CW then switch to voice to talk about it. Nice.

Is there documentation on the web for what you built? Did you use the PicoKeyer as the heart of it. I know it has an MCW mode, but it doesn't have the mic switch.

The ham that is heading this up says he modified a plan he saw in QST from a couple years ago. Don't really know much more then that.

Back
Top Bottom