• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mexican pirates shoot American tourist in Mexican waters

Where there once was a man in the mountain
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39449069/ns/world_news-americas/?GT1=43001

SAN ANTONIO — An American tourist was shot in the back of the head in Mexican waters on Thursday after being ambushed by armed boaters, a Texas sheriff said. It happened on a lake where run-ins with pirates had already put fishermen and Texas officials on alert.

Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said a 30-year-old man and his wife were riding personal watercrafts back from Mexico when about six gunmen approached in two boats. Gonzalez said the man was shot as the couple sped away.
. . .

Wow, send [STRIKE]Lawyers,[/STRIKE] Guns [STRIKE]and Money[/STRIKE]!

(I Hope this isn't a dupe, I did a search)

Last edited:
The US travel advisory lists the dangers of each country that Americans can visit and after reading a few paragraphs they pretty give you the idea that if you go there and something happens you’re a dumbass. They list so many issues the country is having and reiterate how dangerous it is over and over and over. It felt like I was reading the advisory for Afghanistan.

Even worse is that this is on a LAKE that crosses borders. Sounds like the need for patrol boats is up down there. I wonder what the passport control point is like in the middle of the lake?

What part of, MEXICO IS A DANGEROUS PLACE, do people not get?! I feel bad for this family, but come on! It's like hiking in Iraq or sightseeing in Afghanistan. SOME degree of common sense is required for one to expect to keep breathing. I don't think anyone could pay me enough to go to Mexico right now. The drug cartels are in charge, the Mexican government and law enforcement is so corrupt that they are useless (and the good ones are helpless) and there's no chance for the good guys.

Even if you're rich enough to hire bodyguards, the drug cartels have enough money to pay them off, so they'll get you anyway.

No thanks, Mexico has gone the way of Colombia.

About a year (or was it two) ago I spend a week in Playa del Carmen "Riviera Maya", it was quite nice, I felt safe walking around the small town. Heck most people seemed to be from the US or other European countries. While talking to someone next to me at the pool, I found out they were from the town next to me!

I wonder how these areas are now, since in the past year things seem to be escalating down there. I bet prices are falling. ;)

Even worse is that this is on a LAKE that crosses borders. Sounds like the need for patrol boats is up down there. I wonder what the passport control point is like in the middle of the lake?

There is a lake that borders both the U.S. and Mexico? I never knew that. Time to get the maps out.

Americans vacation and retire in Mexico BECAUSE ITS CHEAP . They are willing to take a chance to save a buck . Thats fine with me but dont look for help from the US if the S____ hits the fan. I even read Americans cross the border for cheap dental work . It's OK but your on your own .

Tell me again why Mexico is on the list of vacation spots?

No friggin idea, I had a friend that took a vacation with his chic there last year. I was doing all I could to convince him to go elsewhere, but in his mind he got a great deal, so he was going.

I'll be there for 2 days in december.

True story
[rofl]

If it wasn't for the body scanners, I'd say kiester your G27...wait, you're a 1%er, right? [wink]

Officials at the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) say Hartley's apparent death marked the fifth incident since April 30 in which U.S. residents ventured into Mexican waters and encountered pirates on Falcon Lake. Prior to last week, the most recent occurred on Aug. 31, when authorities say pirates aboard a small boat with "Game Wardin" written on its side, in duct-tape lettering, tried to intercept a Texas fisherman. The fisherman, aware of warnings about pirates on the lake and recognizing the misspelling of the word "warden," managed to outrun the Mexican vessel to safety, officials said.

Idiots.

Damn, now we a need a NES navy.

Seriously, this is ridiculous. Falcon lake is on the western border of Texas, a little northwest of the South Padre area. Looks like these people were just out having some fun on the lake, much of which is U.S. territory. It's war down there.

Definitely appears to be that they were boating or whatever in Falcon Lake from Texas shores if you google map it. So it wasn't vacationing in Mexico but still those US/Mexico borders are hotspots lately for violence people should stay away unless they live there. Sad but true.

If I wanted to see a bunch of Mexicans I would go to California...,my next vacation is to Montana.

Sounds like a good place to stretch the legs on those bigbore uppers in the group buy........

Who wants first run on the jet ski to draw them out [wink]

This whole situation and the knee-jerk assuagement is preposterous...

Meanwhile, officials at U.S. Customs and Border Protection, in a statement to FoxNews.com on Monday, wrote:

"Over the past nineteen months, this administration has dedicated unprecedented manpower, technology and infrastructure to the Southwest border. Seizures of illicit goods are up across the board, illegal crossings are down, and the Border Patrol is better staffed than at any time in its 86-year history.

Sure, whatever. If a building is on fire, you can throw a cup of water on it, or try a gallon. It's still not going to solve the problem.

Asked if the lake is safe, England replied: "Well, it is, if you listen to the warnings to stay on the U.S. side of the lake. To my knowledge, all of these incidents have happened in Mexico or right at the line, so to speak."

Bullshit. The lady stated in a different report that the pirates had actually chased her "for some time" while in U.S. waters after she hit the US side.

and...

On May 16, five armed men boarded a boat on the U.S. side of Falcon Lake. Investigators have no additional information in that incident. Only 10 days earlier, two armed men approached a boat on the lake's northern side and demanded money, which the fisherman handed over, DPS officials say.

Yep, Mr. England, that sure sounds to me like the US side being safe.

Enough already.

We need civilian and military snipers with satellite and heli support all across the border lands, with shoot-to-kill-on-sight orders for any illegal border crosser, whether it be on land or water. Simply KILL EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. And if the drug cartels bring APCs, we bring tanks. We need carpet bombing of the border fences every single damed day (not the legal checkpoints, of course.) We got a lot of heavy hardware sitting around this country not being used, even though they are suppossed to be used by our standing military in time of invasion.

Well, it's time to GTFO of every country and bring the men/women back home, close up shop and repel the mutiny the entire world has declared upon the USA.

Last edited:
It's not on MY list, buddy. I won't even go on the Western Carib cruises since they all have one stop in Mexico, usually Cozumel. I simply have ZERO interest in going there.

The only place "South Of The Border" that I want to go is on I-95!

Because they always have the best weather. "Chili today, hot tamale!"

I dont know about this. They interviwed her on the today show and it smells fishy to me.
I accept that there are pirates and mexican thugs doing things on the lake. Not arguing that.
But her story stinks.

He was shot in the head from a distance on a moving wave runner from a moving boat by mexican thugs.
She went to him and the wave runner and flipped him over as he was face down and saw that he was shot in the head.
Then the pirates came over and pointed the gun at her head and argued over what to do. They then left and ran away. Did not take anything.
She tried to drag her husabnd onto the wave runner but couldnt and had to leave him while she ran away from the pirates. They have not recovered the body.

I will put $100 on that she killed the husband for insurance money and hatched this story to cover it up.

I dont know about this. They interviwed her on the today show and it smells fishy to me.
I accept that there are pirates and mexican thugs doing things on the lake. Not arguing that.
But her story stinks.

He was shot in the head from a distance on a moving wave runner from a moving boat by mexican thugs.
She went to him and the wave runner and flipped him over as he was face down and saw that he was shot in the head.
Then the pirates came over and pointed the gun at her head and argued over what to do. They then left and ran away. Did not take anything.
She tried to drag her husabnd onto the wave runner but couldnt and had to leave him while she ran away from the pirates. They have not recovered the body.

I will put $100 on that she killed the husband for insurance money and hatched this story to cover it up.

Well, they got a free waverunner and a body from which to sell human organs on the black market.

Back
Top Bottom