Mexican pirates shoot American tourist in Mexican waters

Im calling bullshit on this! Ever since I read this the first day it hit the papers, I just got that gut feeling that it wasnt right. After watching the interview on the Today show this morning I am dead set on my judgement. Ive been around enough to spot liars, and false reports, and this stinks to high heaven. I also think that the husband is alive and well in hiding. When they start digging deeper into this and get to the point where they can release details about the investigation, I think we will find out that there was a significant debt and a large insurance policy.

Thats my prediction. It has been sealed in an envelope and is hanging in the corner of the room in full view of the audience [laugh]

ETA: I can see MACGYVR and I think the same way [wink]

Last edited:
Im calling bullshit on this! Ever since I read this the first day it hit the papers, I just got that gut feeling that it wasnt right. After watching the interview on the Today show this morning I am dead set on my judgement. Ive been around enough to spot liars, and false reports, and this stinks to high heaven. I also think that the husband is alive and well in hiding. When they start digging deeper into this and get to the point where they can release details about the investigation, I think we will find out that there was a significant debt and a large insurance policy.

Thats my prediction. It has been sealed in an envelope and is hanging in the corner of the room in full view of the audience [laugh]

Interesting... Someone took "lost my guns in a boating accident" to the next level... [laugh]

A bit of an update.

Investigator in Falcon Lake 'Mexico pirates' attack is beheaded

The lead Mexican investigator working to solve the case of an American allegedly attacked by pirates has been killed, and sources say he was brutally decapitated.

Flores' headless body was left in a suitcase in front of a Mexican military compound on Tuesday, Texas Rep. Aaron Peña told CNN.

The investigator had been out searching the Falcon Lake area for clues to Hartley's disappearance on Monday, but never made it home.

"Shortly afterward, they found his head in the suitcase," Lesley Lopez, press secretary for U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Tex), told CNN.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ded_accord.html?r=news/national#ixzz12CUCPq38

David Hartley's father Dennis was deeply saddened by the news of Flores' death on Tuesday.

"I just, I'm in shock about this right now," he told the AP. "I really don't have any hope that David will be found. I really hate other people putting their lives at stake. We don't need more sons lost. If this is true, I'm just really heartbroken that this happened."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ded_accord.html?r=news/national#ixzz12CUHuSsa

A bit of an update.

Ruben Dario-Rios, spokesman for the state prosecutor's office in the area, confirmed his death, telling The Associated Press that authorities "don't know how or why he was killed," and that they "don't have any details on how [he] died."

I'm guessing the details involve having his head removed.

Mexican drug gangs: not screwing around. It's war on the border.

I guess that should convince some of you that were suspicious about the Wife's story. Unlikely that they would do this if her story weren't true.

I don't understand why the investigators in that shithole don't travel with a well-armed team??? [shocked]

Sad that two innocent people are now dead and I'm sure that more will follow. Predator Drones could be real useful down there.

I guess that should convince some of you that were suspicious about the Wife's story. Unlikely that they would do this if her story weren't true.

I disagree, stories about gov officials being beheaded, stoned to death, etc in Mexico are coming out all the time. I'd say a non-corrupt gov/police official in that country probably has the shortest life expectancy of anyone.

As to the validity of the woman's claims who knows.

Wow

Could also be a drug deal gone bad. You can smuggle a bit of goods in those PWC's.

I'd guess that the husband died just the way the broad said he did, but not necessarily for the reasons she's espoused.

Back
Top Bottom