Military Draft?

Civilian Construction Corps? Boy... that'd help solve the problem of our infrastructure crumbling.

As for the federal service being only for boys... ever been to Israel, Sue? I have a vivid memory of seeing this REALLY cute Israeli girl on my first trip there (when I was all of 14!) who was wearing a uniform and carrying an Uzi. Let's make that service for EVERYONE.
israel40jr.jpg

Nope, not quite, Coyote. I remember quite clearly this lovely young Israeli wearing a miniskirt. And an Uzi. Even at 14, I still noticed the Uzi.

After I noticed the miniskirt, that is. Never realized before that they had issue miniskirts in Israel. [smile]

Rangel used this tactic in 2004 to scare voters into thinking it was being proposed by the Republican Party. I don't think it will work any better this time than it did then.

Frankly, I hope he sponsors a Bill for it, and a big bunch of Dem's cosponsor it. Then see what happens in 2008.

I predict that IF they try it, they will go down in flames so fast, their heads will be spinning in the next Century. The Anti-War crowd will turn their backs on the Dems so fast, even Richard Nixon could get elected (oh, wait, that's been done before, backlash over Johnson's Vietnam policies). Also start watching for demands of impeachment for various offenses, with the demands coming from the public, not the RNC.

It would be one HELL of time, when voters finally figure out the DNC is the REAL party of war starters (Wilson, Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy and Johnson).

Not that the current wars (and WW2) didn't need to happen. They were caused by global politicians that refused to deal with 2 bit tyrants while they were small and easy, and waited until dealing with them was a real bitch.

Now, when I went in the Army originally, the Draft was still running. Draftees weren't too bad. They weren't as motivated as the current soldiers, but they did their jobs, I can tell you that.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't good ol' Charlie submit a bill a number of years ago to reinstate the draft and then voted against his own bill? Not only that, but IIRC, he also urged everyone else to vote against it too.

What...he's having a dejavu moment???? [rolleyes]

Lynne, he thought the voters were too stupid to use the Internet and look up who sponsored it, and tried to blame the Republicans for it. Personally, I think he's unfit for office, like a bunch of other politicians.

I don't care if he served in the Service, it doesn't make him a good or able politician.

Just look at Murtha. I'd actually be embarassed if I had to say I served in the same branch of service with the doddering old fool. Thankfully, I've served in the Army. (And I have a LOT of respect for Marines, but not him.)

Yup, that's what I'm talking about. 'Cept the girl I remember had an Uzi.

hey, even as a 14 y.o. I remember the guns, too.

179.jpg

Anybody know what this carry method is called? Is there a clip on the gun, or is there a holster there?
34.jpg

Anybody know what this carry method is called?
I think it's called "Don't play grab-ass with the hot Israeli soldiers".

OK, I can't tell, but I don't think that that sort of boot clip would be found on a gun; I think that there's a cut-down IWB holster back there.

I think a year of mandatory service the requires learning disaplin and serving the country (not peace corp crap) Would be a good idea. It doesn't have to me military, but it should have structure.

I thought Mexican carry was in front, with no holster??

During my 2 trips to Israel (1989 and 2000) I never saw them carry handguns, only M16 or M4s.

I do not want to share a foxhole with someone who doesn't want to be in the military, then again I don't want to be in a Foxhole while so many sit back here and enjoy the harvest.
So......... If the Draft does come back, give them the Mess hall Duties, the Motor T duties and there are plenty of Infantry Duties they can do without getting anyone else killed and if they adapt, then move them into other postitions.
I like the All Volunteer Military, just ain't crazy about them Free Riders standing on the street corners selling Crack.

Lots of valid points from both camps regarding the draft.

Lets Compromise and do something like this

A Volunteer/ In scripted Military

1) If you volunteer you get the options to.

a) Go ROTC, OTC or A non Commissioned Officer Technical School in Any Branch of the service that you wish.

b) Its a 6 to 8 year commitment depending upon Rank accepted

c) Fully paid GI bill

2) Conscription:

a) The offer will be made to any US Citizen who has been convicted of a crime (Barring the worst offenders who will be put into special front line, point man units) that they may have the privilege (Not an option) of serving their country in the Army as enlisted soldiers for the duration of their sentence. Promotion beyond E-3 will not be possible.

c) All welfare reciepiants will given the option to enlist or be evaluated for inscription.

b) Any Immigrant that wishes to stay in the US will have the option of serving as enlisted personnel for 4 years upon which time they will have the option of full citizenship in the USA and all the rights of a citizen.

c) and someone will ask "what about illigale immigrants who are criminals" besides that that is redundant. Those special individuals will get to serve in the Army for as long as they wish or they can elect to be deported by most cost effective means to the nearest non-nato country.

This will resolve multiple problems with a single bash.

UNCLE SAM WANTS YOU!

picture.asp

Ah! I see there are ambquities "If we have a draft and only Immigrants and crimminals should be drafted? Oh! Boy that should help the morale of the Decent military person."

The Decent Military People will have opportunitys that only they deserve. Education, Promotion, Benefits. Lots of Carrots without the stick. Frindge Bennys like: Veterans Preferance in Employment etc.....

Last edited:
There is ONLY One War with several fronts.

If we have a draft and only Immigrants and crimminals should be drafted? Oh! Boy that should help the morale of the Decent military person. How about EVERYONE?

UNCLE SAM WANTS YOU!

Last edited:
I like

JOIN THE NAVY AND RIDE THE WAVES

better, the Navy always had good looking women, not like the corps and the B.A.M.s, well there were some BAMs that were nice.. smile

Back
Top Bottom