Military Rifles Colt M4 Carbine vs FN SCAR vs HK416 vs HK XM8

Great video- even though it is 2 years old.

To update:

The SCAR has been 86'ed.

Now, throw in the Bushmaster ACR.

For the sake of keeping my sanity- I can not decide wether I like the ACR or a Noveske AR15.

Negative.

SOCOM is shifting the bulk of the short term shortages to SCAR MK17 (the 7.62 version), the MK16 (5.56) is being put on the back burner but it is definitely not cancelled.

They axed the MK16 cause it's not considered enough of an improvement over the M4 to justify the huge cost of replacing it. That seems to be the case when it comes to replacing the M16 platform these days. It's not that there's nothing better, there's just nothing that's so much better as to justify switching over to another platform. And the military wants a leap forward in small arms technology, not a baby step.

Who knows, maybe the ACR will be that leap.

They axed the MK16 cause it's not considered enough of an improvement over the M4 to justify the huge cost of replacing it. That seems to be the case when it comes to replacing the M16 platform these days. It's not that there's nothing better, there's just nothing that's so much better as to justify switching over to another platform. And the military wants a leap forward in small arms technology, not a baby step.

Who knows, maybe the ACR will be that leap.
Honestly, at this point I don't care.

as a leader it is my job to make sure my troops are trained and proficient on the tools we have. this video is propaganda.

when lives are on the line and your being shot at, there is no substitute. but then again, i'm sure everyone on here has been in a fist fight and been shot at too.

[rolleyes]

as a leader it is my job to make sure my troops are trained and proficient on the tools we have. this video is propaganda.

when lives are on the line and your being shot at, there is no substitute. but then again, i'm sure everyone on here has been in a fist fight and been shot at too.

[rolleyes]

Um....Okay... [thinking]

Also Mass-diver will be along shortly to mention that having a neutered ACR in MA would negate all the coolness/reasons why you should get one.

:) You have to admit, the folding stock looks really, really sweet.

Plus, what's the mag situation for these rifles? Even with an MRSP over 2K and with no cool stock, the ability to switch calibers might be enough to lure me into getting one of these, but what would I use for mags?

Last edited:
:) You have to admit, the folding stock looks really, really sweet.

Plus, what's the mag situation for these rifles? Even with an MRSP over 2K and with no cool stock, the ability to switch calibers might be enough to lure me into getting one of these, but what would I use for mags?

Haha, I agree with you. I've heard you mention the same argument with the Sig556 I thought, or some other EBR. Made me think that just based on principle alone, I wouldn't buy one. Buying a neutered gun in MA is complying with unreasonable reg's. It bothers me. Kinda like "thank you sir may I have another?"

Back
Top Bottom