• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

millions have stopped attacksrs just by showing them a gun.

tryit

Banned
troops and cops do it almost routinely.. Kleck says that it happens at least a milllion times per year, and he meant civilians. Take a look at how many guys get shot by a civilian while the former are committing a crime. :) The number is like 10,000 per year. That's 1 % of a million, guys.

It's quite rare to have to fire at all, and lots more rare to need a hit, much less repeated good hits, with powerful loads. And it's a HELLUVA good thing, too, since so few are able to deliver the latter, under realistic conditions.

I do agree that it's great if you can deliver the latter, but it takes far more work/ability/interest than 99% of gunowners are ever going to commit to it.

Last edited:
If you are fast enough with your ccw draw, you won't need to fire, the great majority of the time. Be too slow, like Zimmerman was, and you end up going thru hell. If George had pulled out his pistol 1 second sooner, or had some hand to hand skills, the odds are quite high that he would have been spared all that. Of course, it would also have meant that a certain "probably" thug would have been smarter the next time that he attacked somebody.

It happened to me some years ago in another state. I am not surprised at all that it happens all the time and goes unreported. Most guys here understand that it's better to walk away and go on with your life rather than calling the cops to press charges. Too much risk and hassle.

yep, but now that everybody carries a cell phone, the odds are that the punk will call the cops first, and since you will have a gun on you when the cops show up, the odds are bad for you, since he called them first (saying that you pointed a gun at him, etc). I'd get gone fast, and I'd not have that gun where it could be found, for a while. In fact, I'd leave that state immediately, and probably never go back.

You don't always need to draw the gun for it to work , twice it worked for me just lifting my shirt and showing it to them. One guy had a knife i showed him and he put it away very quickly and the other time was a guy breaking into my car when I walked up 3 more in his car started to get out until I showed them and they were gone.

Back
Top Bottom