MJ and CC?

Federal law prohibits any person who is an "unlawful user" of marijuana from shipping, transporting, receiving or possessing firearms or ammunition. This isn't just a 4473 problem, or a purchasing problem.

While the 4473 question would make PURCHASING a firearm a crime, does that necessarily prevent one from CARRYING a previously purchased gun?

No, I don't smoke. No, I don't want to "try it and see what happens..."

I've been thinking of this, its not illegal to own under federal law, just to buy as far as the 4473 question.
You could be making your own, pot and the gun. all legal if done on a personnel level I would think

LOL, and you really believe that that the shit ends of the risk pool (like fatty mc donut pothead guy) are a huge component of your insurance costs? And that it has nothing to do with the fact that hospitals do stuff like charge $50 for a tylenol, or that the AMA arbitrarily limits the supply of doctors in the marketplace....

This is exactly what the "healthcare industrial complex" types want you to think- they want you to bitch about donut mc fatty, while ignoring their responsibility for
90% of the rape/carnage. (and the .gov regulations helping them do it)

I think if we had a real free market there might be an incremental price difference between risk pools based on DNA or behavioral things, but I think in the end most of that stuff would get lost in the noise. The nostrum of a huge actuarial difference between these groups of people is largely mythical.

ETA: IF we had an insurance system for major medical stuff there might be a
substantial difference over a person's lifespan, but IMHO this still isn't most of the reason you pay too much for health insurance.

-Mike
Can you point me towards what this is referring to?:
"AMA arbitrarily limits the supply of doctors in the marketplace...."

It's not just the AMA, I should be more specific- there are issues with licensing boards and that kind of thing, and limited numbers of residency slots, etc. It's a non trivial exercise for people to become MDs in this country. Even well established, veteran doctors from other countries still need to jump through flaming hoops to practice medicine here. This is a rigged deal by design to keep the supply "just adequate enough" so that prices can be kept
high, etc.

How Government Helped Create the Coming Doctor Shortage

-Mike

What law would you be breaking? Name it. How is it any different than walking out of a liquor store while carrying?

21 U.S.C. § 812. Yes it's federal, but if you think the typical MA Chief wouldn't use it as the basis of a suitability revocation you're crazy.

The AMA is one of the key players in the accreditation of medical schools, and will not allow schools to add more seats unless they have determined the market demand will support the additional graduates. The goal is for every graduating medical school student to land a US residency to complete his/her education.

They both have damaging effects to your lungs and body. ....and I say this with a big smile and only in jest; When your wife gets pregnant, have her smoke weed starting at conception. ....and good luck with your inaccurate perspective. Also, regarding you thinking I have an objection, I guess you didn't read what I wrote. People should be able to do what they want, including; drink or smoke.
You list lungs and body as two seperate things, so name me a organ weed damages bedsides possibly lungs.I'll wait... You make some extremely mute points especially about pregnancy. Have a women drink caffeine, liquor, perscription pills, clean a litter box, ect and all sorts of bad things could happen. Though I doubt their is a study into this, in which case that statement by you is a uneducated guess by you at best, unless you are in fact a medical doctor? You need to get educated bra

You list lungs and body as two seperate things, so name me a organ weed damages bedsides possibly lungs.I'll wait... You make some extremely mute points especially about pregnancy. Have a women drink caffeine, liquor, perscription pills, clean a litter box, ect and all sorts of bad things could happen. Though I doubt their is a study into this, in which case that statement by you is a uneducated guess by you at best, unless you are in fact a medical doctor? You need to get educated bra
Smoking weed, like cigarettes is bad for you. You think it isn't. That's ok.

Show me the medical link to this. I can site where cannbis fights cancer, where is your proof?
Just one of too, too many to count; but the 1st thing that popped up.... “People are under the illusion it is safe to smoke cannabis,” Dame Helena Shovelton, chief executive of the British Lung Foundation, said in 2014. A report conducted by the foundation found that the dangers of smoking marijuana are on par with tobacco smoke."

Now I know you'll refute The Chief Executive of the British Lung Foundation, so google Marijuana use and health risks, or cancer, of pulmonary issues, or heart disease, etc..... There are a ton of experts that have the same perspective, as I do. ...as mentioned, just putting sticky tar in your lungs is intuitively unhealthy. Intuitively, burning any substance and inhaling it into your lungs is unhealthy.

Listen, my Dad just died of cancer. I'm very familiar with the differing cancer treatments, as I was my Dad's caregiver. I have 4 huge folders of information over months of research, in an attempt to save my poor Dad's life. @MGH, I can assure you, that cannabis was not on the table as a cure to cancer, nor was it presented to assist him during his horrible battle. I can assure you it is not at the forefront of any research I found. Do some use it to ease the pain? Up to them..

The CEO of BLF says plain as day, your perspective is an illusion. :) ...but keep smoking it. I may not agree with your choice, but I support your right to do so. I hope my kids, and your kids, don't smoke it, but they may, and I'll support them too. I also respect your view. You and I just differ regarding our viewpoint on the health risks, and that is okay. Wishing you the very best!! Bri

Back
Top Bottom