Mom's

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
I'm making my annual mothers day call and as she is telling me about what's she's up to, she mentions supporting Mom's Against at a rally.
I try to be tolerant of my Libral mother but it just keeps getting worse. Understand, she's the one who drove me to the range as a kid, and it was her house where I had my FFL back in my MA days, so she wasn't anti-gun. But she's gone off the deep end. They've got her believing that they are only after MGs, and that there has been a school/mall shooting every day this year. And all we need to to is ban AWs (aka MGs) to fix all this. Oh, she says gun ownership is ok as long as we limit it to the good people, but can't say how that would work and just goes back to background checks and banning AWs.
She won't do any of her own research, she won't listen to what I say, she just follows the lies like a good sheep.
It's shameful what has become of my own parents, part of this is them, but part is the constant lies and manipulation they are being subjected to.

This is what we are up against. We have all the facts on our side, but they blindly stick to their lies and march smiling into the fire.

My mother was pretty conservative growing up. She's in her 60's now her only source of news is the main stream media and Facebook so she says things now and then that turn my head. I try not to entertain a discussion on political stuff because I can tell her arguments now are mostly emotional and not factual. My old man on the other hand gets grumpier every day with where our country is heading. [rofl]

Mother 90 dad 92. Both big time conservative. They have one of those photoframes where family sends them pics. My mother tells me today one of her favorite pics is bubba and hildy on the beach walking a lab and caption is "scientists discover dog on beach with 2 azzholes". Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

My mother is 63 grew up pretty poor and lived her whole life in MA/CT, was never hard left or right. She just got her LTC in CT and waiting on her out of state MA LTC, she comes to my property to practice shooting. She has her own opinions, does her own research. I consider myself very lucky.

I'm making my annual mothers day call and as she is telling me about what's she's up to, she mentions supporting Mom's Against at a rally.
I try to be tolerant of my Libral mother but it just keeps getting worse. Understand, she's the one who drove me to the range as a kid, and it was her house where I had my FFL back in my MA days, so she wasn't anti-gun. But she's gone off the deep end. They've got her believing that they are only after MGs, and that there has been a school/mall shooting every day this year. And all we need to to is ban AWs (aka MGs) to fix all this. Oh, she says gun ownership is ok as long as we limit it to the good people, but can't say how that would work and just goes back to background checks and banning AWs.
She won't do any of her own research, she won't listen to what I say, she just follows the lies like a good sheep.
It's shameful what has become of my own parents, part of this is them, but part is the constant lies and manipulation they are being subjected to.

This is what we are up against. We have all the facts on our side, but they blindly stick to their lies and march smiling into the fire.
Don’t talk politics with mothers. My mom is a devout Catholic to the tune of mother Theresa. I asked her how she could vote democrat when they are so pro abortion? She literally knew nothing about the parties stance on the issue.

I’m pretty sure that sums up about 80% of the people I know who vote. They have a very limited understanding of what is actually going on and don’t care enough to research the issues. They just vote democrat because they always have

My mother was pretty conservative growing up. She's in her 60's now her only source of news is the main stream media and Facebook so she says things now and then that turn my head. I try not to entertain a discussion on political stuff because I can tell her arguments now are mostly emotional and not factual. My old man on the other hand gets grumpier every day with where our country is heading. [rofl]
Do we have the same parents?
EDIT: Can't be...mine are 88 years old now.

she says gun ownership is ok as long as we limit it to the good people, but can't say how that would work and just goes back to background checks and banning AWs.
One of the dudes I turned into a gun owner recently started with this sh*t.

He just doesn't get it. Keeps telling me I am closed minded and comparing guns to driving. He won't listen to the difference of a privilege vs a right.

He thinks it would be OK to require a doctor's evaluation before buying a gun.

One of the dudes I turned into a gun owner recently started with this sh*t.

He just doesn't get it. Keeps telling me I am closed minded and comparing guns to driving. He won't listen to the difference of a privilege vs a right.

He thinks it would be OK to require a doctor's evaluation before buying a gun.

1/3rd of Americans are legally retarded, and most of the rest don't have the capacity to mentally model complex problems.

OFC they consume mainstream ideas. They're programmed to consume everything else in front of them.

The key is to break people free from The Great Lie.

The news is a profoundly negative influence. They need to keep you in fear so that you continue watching. So, they make everything a life or death situation. (Every snow storm is an historic event). As the only outlet to the real world for many elderly people, it is no wonder elderly people feel threatened.

My friend’s mom is 83 and lives in a very safe suburb, but constantly tells me about the scourge of gun violence. That’s what the news and Facebook tell her and she has nothing to dispute it.

My Mom just doesn’t get why my dad and I spend so much on guns….but we don’t understand how she spends so much on her hair and nails 🤣

Mom's 95.....completely losing it, can't remember what she had for breakfast, I'll be surprised if she makes the year.
But still a first class bigot of the 50s and 60s. "F*cking minorities and n***ers buying up everything.....how's things in East Boston? You still married? How many kids you have?"

Cest la vie

My mom and dad are getting up there. They have always been on the right leaning political and financial side, but they listen to MSM on guns.

A couple I know who both have their LTCs and are getting their son an FID when he is able... are also in line with moms demand and the MSM who want to take away rights.

Big money is very good at pushing their message and making their perception so many people's reality.

My mom passed in 2006 (dad in 1998) both would be in their late 90's today. They were both democrats, not sure what they would be today though. As already stated, I'd love to be able to have one more conversation with either of them, even if it was frustrating haha.

My mom passed in 2006 (dad in 1998) both would be in their late 90's today. They were both democrats, not sure what they would be today though. As already stated, I'd love to be able to have one more conversation with either of them, even if it was frustrating haha.
Dad passed in 2007....a good friend is always talking about how his father is a PITA... I shut him up with one sentence..."I've give anything to have lunch with my father"

Back
Top Bottom