• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moral Dillema

Should I have signed a D candidates petition to get on the ballot to run against Dave Linsky/

• Yes

Votes: 52 96.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters
I met an Indian guy who was collecting signatures to get onto the ballot for state rep. When he asked for a signature I tole him my loyalties were with the republican team, then he responded with "If I get on the ballot,I'll be running against DaveLinsky'. Thus the moral dillema.

I met an Indian guy who was collecting signatures to get onto the ballot for state rep. When he asked for a signature I tole him my loyalties were with the republican team, then he responded with "If I get on the ballot,I'll be running against DaveLinsky'. Thus the moral dillema.
You're either with David or your against him.

Pretty sure I just walked by the same guy on the way in to ‘Bros to grab a few groceries. I didn’t bother stopping.

I don’t trust Indians after what they did to colonel Custer at big horn

The devil you know...For all you know, he may be to the left of Linsky, which would make him Trotsky.

I say sure. You either vote for the minority who is running as a dem, or for the dumpy white guy who will literally go as far left as possible just to stay relevant in his party to get elected without lopping his d*ck off.

I just signed one for an independent who wants to go up against Neal. The more the merrier. I generally vote anti-incumbent as we need all the help we can get and the old guard needs to go.

If it makes it harder for Linsky to sleep at night knowing he has competition, go for it.

Generally new reps have less credibility and power than incumbents. When it was Ayana Pressley against Mike Capuano, he was considered something like the third most powerful Dem at the time. As a freshman rep she had essentially zero power compared to him. Her voice might be loud because she's a member of the "squad" but her ability to really impact the overall party vote compared to Capuano is severely diminished.

It seems to me that the legislature doesn't take Linsky that seriously with all his pet gun control bills that never get passed. However, when these bigger "omnibus" gun control packages come up, you can be sure he weighs in.

Therefore, raising the possibility of booting him in favor for someone who might not focus on that issue and have less of a voice every few years when MA puts together a big antigun initiative is probably a good idea.

Also, making him eligible for the ballot is not the same as giving him a vote.

Back
Top Bottom