More great police work in the news.

Beautiful!

I love this part of the article;

"The clerk on duty the night that Lopez confronted Lawless told investigators that three times after the incident, police officers spoke with him about the security tape and that two asked if he would erase it.

An Internal Affairs investigation found no misconduct among officers who spoke with the clerk about the tape."

Beautiful!

I love this part of the article;

"The clerk on duty the night that Lopez confronted Lawless told investigators that three times after the incident, police officers spoke with him about the security tape and that two asked if he would erase it.

An Internal Affairs investigation found no misconduct among officers who spoke with the clerk about the tape."

It's too bad that there wasn't another security tape with a recording of them
telling the witness to dispose of the evidence.

The District Attorney's Office reviewed the case and declined to prosecute Officer Lopez in December. Eight days later, he was reissued his weapon and returned to full duty.

Do you think that his being a cop may have had something to do with this?

That lying sack of shite deserves to be thrown into the general population for a few days. Then they can put what's left of him in a cell for a few years.

If the officer had been punished, the same as a ordinary citizen would have been it would have been a good start.
Fact that he is still an officer and next time when it is his word against someone else's his is still much more likely to be believed.
Overall I am sure this is an isolated occurance, unfortunately many other isolated occurances which do happen are not video taped.

Maniac

That's pretty messed up, some states it's nearly impossible to get a handgun if you're a regular hardworking person but yet all major cities issue guns freely to psycho's (not all Officers are nut jobs I have met some great ones) but the fact of the matter is, you get people saying "only the cops should have guns" what happens when the cops are the ones perpetrating the crimes?

some people are degenerate a-holes. When they're put in a position of power their a-holiness doesn't subside. He should be flogged with a rubber hose covered in tacks but like other people have said, this is an isolated incident.

"breakin' rocks in the hot sun, i fought the law and the law won"

also, in before the inevitable lock. [laugh]

Around here, "isolated incident" is NES speak for "Oh sh@t, not again!?"

I won't speak for anyone else, but when I said it, I was being sarcastic.
It happens with frightening regularity.
And while I'm at it, most cops over 45 that I know, shake thier heads in disgust when this sh!t happens.

What an asshat!

The cops son should be beaten for being a p*ssy! The cop should have to be the one giving the beating!

That really pisses me off...

Look at my badge. You must obey me. I am the law. I make up my own law that you must obey. I stuff socks in my pants to make my law bigger.

some people are degenerate a-holes. When they're put in a position of power their a-holiness doesn't subside. He should be flogged with a rubber hose covered in tacks but like other people have said, this is an isolated incident.

"breakin' rocks in the hot sun, i fought the law and the law won"

also, in before the inevitable lock. [laugh]

I won't speak for anyone else, but when I said it, I was being sarcastic.
It happens with frightening regularity.
And while I'm at it, most cops over 45 that I know, shake their heads in disgust when this sh!t happens.

I believe you. You know, I read about so much of this shite and I get apoplectic. I mean, really, I'm sitting here just seething with rage cause I know the same thing's going to happen. The same bullsh*t. The same coverup. The same lies. I read articles like this one from Radley Balco from Reason Magazine which is a follow up to the who Dog Shooting extravaganza that's been going on lately. These things would make a sane person want to begin lighting torches.

But, and here's where I'm going with this...What to do? I mean, why even bring it up? I know, I know, it has to hit the light of day and I want it proclaimed from the roof tops myself but what's really the point? We have a lot of quality members on NES and some of them are LEO. Do they deserve a ration of sh*t every time one of their co-workers stomp's a kitty or shoots a dog? I don't know about you guys, but I work with some tool boxes myself who I'd hate to be associated with. Anyway, it's not as if we're directly addressing those dog piles anyway.

Still, I honestly do know what to say anymore. I really don't. I despair for our Republic and this is only one more reason. F@cking heroes.

Last edited:
The cop should never wear a badge again. I want to say I hope she sues the crap out of the dept but taxpayers will be footing the bill not the actual cop so he will learn no lesson from it.

Back
Top Bottom