moving gun collection

I could be wrong, it's been known to happen. [wink]

[edit]

And I am, sort of.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-129c.htm

(j) Any new resident moving into the commonwealth, any resident of the commonwealth returning after having been absent from the commonwealth for not less than 180 consecutive days or any resident of the commonwealth upon being released from active service with any of the armed services of the United States with respect to any firearm, rifle or shotgun and any ammunition therefor then in his possession, for 60 days after such release, return or entry into the commonwealth;
(n) The transfer of a firearm, rifle or shotgun upon the death of an owner to his heir or legatee shall be subject to the provisions of this section, provided that said heir or legatee shall within one hundred and eighty days of such transfer, obtain a firearm identification card or a license to carry firearms if not otherwise an exempt person who is qualified to receive such or apply to the licensing authority for such further limited period as may be necessary for the disposition of such firearm, rifle or shotgun;

So a new resident has 60 days (just barely enough to cover their sluggishness) and someone who inherits gets a lot more. Doesn't seem quite fair, but I guess that's kind of the point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom