mra loeb range?

is the loeb range open? need to blow off some stress tomorrow and dont wanna go there and find out its closed...like ive been pleasantly surprised with on numerous occasions

It was open last week, but good luck finding a position where the target retrieval system isn't broken (especially on a busy day). [thinking]

ETA...

For future reference... MRA has a web forum where you can check on updates or news regarding any range closures or problems (assuming it's reliable and updated in a timely manner)...

http://massrifleforum.com

Last edited:
It was open last week, but good luck finding a position where the target retrieval system isn't broken (especially on a busy day). [thinking]

http://massrifleforum.com

I understand that the club is run by volunteers but the retrieval system and the lighting is horrible at that range. I guess they don't have the funds to upgrade it. Too bad because I don't know many indoor ranges that are 25yds that allow you to shoot as much as they do.

Well, I've heard that a plan to upgrade the returns is in the works. Hopefully sooner than later. [mg]

I understand that the club is run by volunteers but the retrieval system and the lighting is horrible at that range. I guess they don't have the funds to upgrade it. Too bad because I don't know many indoor ranges that are 25yds that allow you to shoot as much as they do.

The funds are there, the problem is that no matter how many times somebody replaces the strings or hangers, somebody else is there with bad aim.

Of course, I'd like to add (not to you specifically, but to everyone who is a member at MRA) that yes, MRA IS a volunteer-run organization. If you see something wrong with a range, please come back on a Sunday morning or a Wednesday night (during office hours) and lend a few minutes to help fix it. [wink]

Also, the board meetings are the first Monday of most months (closed for Summer) and are open to ALL members. So if you have a question or suggestion or just want to hear what's in the works for MRA, stop by then, too.

Just bring a ball of twine with you.

Back
Top Bottom