Multiple injured in shooting at Alabama mall on Black Friday, suspect dead

Reptile

NES Member
Authorities in Alabama responded late Thursday to an officer-involved shooting at a mall in the town of Hoover that left multiple people injured and the gunman dead, Al.com reported.

The report said police responded to the scene and engaged the suspect. Several shoppers were seen with their guns drawn, according to the news site.

"This was my first Black Friday, I knew it would be crazy, just not this crazy,” one witness said.

Continues...

Multiple injured in shooting at Alabama mall on Black Friday, suspect dead

Hope that all those injured will recover quickly.

Too early and not enough information out on this attack yet but it sounds like the shooter is the only one that died.

This won’t stop the left for calling for more feckless gun control laws to add to the pile of worthless and useless ones already on the books

My guess is that the shooter was confronted very early on by armed citizen or armed security.

Officials said there had been extra officers at the mall Thursday night as a precaution. Mayor Frank Brocato praised the police response, suggesting they may have saved others from injury, the New York Times reported.

“You just don’t bring guns into a crowded mall,” he said.

I don't know who he is kidding, I never go into a mall without being armed.

Officials said there had been extra officers at the mall Thursday night as a precaution. Mayor Frank Brocato praised the police response, suggesting they may have saved others from injury, the New York Times reported.

This just made the case of exactly why you should .

Yeah, Black Friday through New Years they play Holiday Music with a subliminal sound track that makes people crazy...

Hope that all those injured will recover quickly.

Too early and not enough information out on this attack yet but it sounds like the shooter is the only one that died.

This won’t stop the left for calling for more feckless gun control laws to add to the pile of worthless and useless ones already on the books

No it won't, but memetically this incident for them is a big fat 0, there's no pile of toddler corpses etc for them to dance on...

-Mike

Ban malls and/or Foot Action... It's for the safety of all. ;)

I'm still thinking if I want to go anywhere near the craziness of stores (one is near a mall) today or just do it some other time. Since this IS 'black Friday" I'll have to CC one of my black pistols. With a black coat on over it. [rofl2]

BTW, I'm not going for any of the crazy sales or anything. Really just need to pick up a watch from getting worked on. Then some other errands that shouldn't be any worse than a normal weekend (I hope). If it wasn't for the watch being ready, I wouldn't be heading anywhere near that place.

I never go into crowded malls...

I never go into crowded malls...
There's really not much that would get me to go into a mall this time of year. I tend to avoid going into them most of the year too. There's really only two places in the mall in Salem that I'll go in for, and even then I try to do that when there's less people in it.

Mall shooter killed by police officer...not clear (to me at least), whether or not he was on duty.

Another stunning quote by the Mayor:

Hoover Mayor Frank Brocato said, “Unfortunately, an individual lost his life. Unfortunately, one of our police officers had to engage that individual. He did so as a professional. He did so at the risk of his own life. But he stepped in to protect thousands, and I’m grateful for that.”

Why do people apologize for this kind of behavior? The guy shot two people one a 12 year old girl, I think he got what he deserved.

Good Guy with a Gun Kills Mall Shooter on Thanksgiving

Doubtful you will see that on CNN. There seems to be a lot of conflicting info on this one, someone knows the real story and isn't reporting it correctly.

Last edited:
So is this another example of the "well trained" police shooting someone who was holding a gun... in self-defense of the actual violent perp? Interesting.

Looks like the current story is he was involved in the altercation, but not the shooter. Actual shooter is still at large. But yeah, not sure I'm buying it. Thinking its 50/50 this guy was involved and armed or killed for being armed, black, and trying to get away from a life threatening situation.

Mall shooter killed by police officer...not clear (to me at least), whether or not he was on duty.

Another stunning quote by the Mayor:

Hoover Mayor Frank Brocato said, “Unfortunately, an individual lost his life. Unfortunately, one of our police officers had to engage that individual. He did so as a professional. He did so at the risk of his own life. But he stepped in to protect thousands, and I’m grateful for that.”

Why do people apologize for this kind of behavior? The guy shot two people one a 12 year old girl, I think he got what he deserved.

Good Guy with a Gun Kills Mall Shooter on Thanksgiving

Doubtful you will see that on CNN. There seems to be a lot of conflicting info on this one, someone knows the real story and isn't reporting it correctly.

Look again. They guy the cop killed was not the shooter.

Article above shows him in uniform and says he’s 21. If he was still active duty, I feel like the media would have highlighted that. Does the Army do <4 year enlistments?

A black media outlet it saying the black soldier was trying to stop the mass shooter. Then the black soldier was shot and killed by cops.

They’re dragging their feet something fierce. It’s sounding like they may have screwed up and don’t want to admit it. Especially now that they’re saying he wasn’t the shooter, that guy is still on the run, and they completely botched the press release.

Good guy with a gun, got gunned down?
This sure is a messy one.

Think I’ll shop from home.

Article above shows him in uniform and says he’s 21. If he was still active duty, I feel like the media would have highlighted that. Does the Army do <4 year enlistments?

Per NY Times, he received a General Discharge and never completed training.

Does that mean he f*ed up? Or could that be medical?

2ne72x.jpg

IMNSHO this will drop off the national MSM screen PDQ

There's really not much that would get me to go into a mall this time of year. I tend to avoid going into them most of the year too. There's really only two places in the mall in Salem that I'll go in for, and even then I try to do that when there's less people in it.
Dick's Sporting Goods? [devil]

Article said they had off-duty police officers working as security at the mall.

A black media outlet it saying the black soldier was trying to stop the mass shooter. Then the black soldier was shot and killed by cops.
Article also stated that he'd joined the Army, but failed to complete AIT and was discharged. He had a CWP, so obviously not a dishonorable discharge.

Back
Top Bottom