• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Must win the lottery!

Was that a (I think I have the term right) Reich's Revolver in there after the P.38's?

I've never actually seen one of those in person, nor do I know jack squat about them. But they look like they'd be a pretty cool addition to the C&R handgun collection.

Dammit. Must now google them. [wink]

Yep, that was a long Reichsrevolver (M/79).
No need to google them. Just come on over, see with your own eyes and fondle one.
I've acquired an M/79 made by the 'Suhl Consortium' (V.C. Schilling, C.G. Haenel, Spangenberg & Sauer)
and an M/83 (short version) made by Dreyse some weeks ago. They came from an older fellow collector
who is thinning the herd.

Last edited:
There's no commercial ammo to be found any more. However, I have 6 original cartridges which came in the pouch inside the M/83's holster.
.44 S&W Russian can be fired out of them (they are 10,6x25mm), but is not recommended. Loading .44 S&W brass w/ BP is the remedy. That's what the 100 new and shiny .44 S&W Russian cases are for[wink]

There's no commercial ammo to be found any more. However, I have 6 original cartridges which came in the pouch inside the M/83's holster.
.44 S&W Russian can be fired out of them (they are 10,6x25mm), but is not recommended. Loading .44 S&W brass w/ BP is the remedy. That's what the 100 new and shiny .44 S&W Russian cases are for[wink]

Necessity is the mother of all invention [smile]

Back
Top Bottom