My FA-10 Form Saga (THEY'RE ALL GONE!)

USMA-82

NES Member
Early last week I found myself in need of three FA-10 forms. My stash had disappeared during a recent buying flurry, so I was SOL. When I went to my town police department they were completely out, so I called the Firearms Record Bureau.

The gentlemen at the FRB informed me that he would not send any forms to my home address (as I requested), but would send some to my local police, including the surrounding towns.

I gave it two days, then I went back to the PD. No forms.

I went back the next day – no forms.

I returned the following two days – no forms.

The dispatcher (with a nasty smirk on his face) just pointed to the notice taped to the glass that gave the address for the new online E-FA-10.

Per GOAL’s advice, though, I wanted to stay with the paper forms, so I took a trip to the surrounding towns – Marlborough, Westborough, and Shrewsbury. In each case, they handed me stapled, photocopied forms that were un-serial-numbered, and almost too light to read!

Fortunately, I was able to snag some forms over the weekend (at a distant police department) so I was able to complete and mail out the forms within the required 7-day period after purchase. But my immediate thought was – “OK, how about the next one?”

So…. Today I called the FRB again. I left a message and then got a call back this afternoon.

The young lady on the phone asked why I had called, and when I explained my concern about use of the online system and the advice of GOAL, she told me, “well, GOAL has nothing to do with this. They have no right telling you those things.” Rather than head down that path, I explained the experience I was having trying to get the paper forms.

She then informed me that she couldn’t send any because “THEY’RE ALL GONE.” They had no more paper forms, they weren’t going to order any more, and we’ll just have to use the website.

I then asked if the forms being distributed by the area police departments are acceptable, and she said, “NO.”

My next call (Angie at GOAL) revealed that they didn’t have any forms either.

So, looks like we’re boxed in, and this thing is going to be rammed down our throats.

I continue to count the days until I get out of this corrupt, god-forsaken hell-hole of a state.

Do you think this is not planned? I remember a thread about the company changing the forms and this was a way to "control" sales and transfers. For the life of me, I can't think of when this was. Maybe a couple years ago.

That contradicts what I was told a month ago. The guy I spoke with said that they would always be offering the 3 part forms because not everyone had a computer.

Call them back and tell them you don't have a computer and ask if it would be ok if you brought your rifle into the library to use their computer.

EDIT: Don't tell them you were coached by GOAL on this. Demand to use the paper form...you don't have a computer.

Last edited:
Early last week I found myself in need of three FA-10 forms. My stash had disappeared during a recent buying flurry, so I was SOL. When I went to my town police department they were completely out, so I called the Firearms Record Bureau.

The gentlemen at the FRB informed me that he would not send any forms to my home address (as I requested), but would send some to my local police, including the surrounding towns.

I gave it two days, then I went back to the PD. No forms.

I went back the next day – no forms.

I returned the following two days – no forms.

The dispatcher (with a nasty smirk on his face) just pointed to the notice taped to the glass that gave the address for the new online E-FA-10.

Per GOAL’s advice, though, I wanted to stay with the paper forms, so I took a trip to the surrounding towns – Marlborough, Westborough, and Shrewsbury. In each case, they handed me stapled, photocopied forms that were un-serial-numbered, and almost too light to read!

Fortunately, I was able to snag some forms over the weekend (at a distant police department) so I was able to complete and mail out the forms within the required 7-day period after purchase. But my immediate thought was – “OK, how about the next one?”

So…. Today I called the FRB again. I left a message and then got a call back this afternoon.

The young lady on the phone asked why I had called, and when I explained my concern about use of the online system and the advice of GOAL, she told me, “well, GOAL has nothing to do with this. They have no right telling you those things.” Rather than head down that path, I explained the experience I was having trying to get the paper forms.

She then informed me that she couldn’t send any because “THEY’RE ALL GONE.” They had no more paper forms, they weren’t going to order any more, and we’ll just have to use the website.

I then asked if the forms being distributed by the area police departments are acceptable, and she said, “NO.”

My next call (Angie at GOAL) revealed that they didn’t have any forms either.

So, looks like we’re boxed in, and this thing is going to be rammed down our throats.

I continue to count the days until I get out of this corrupt, god-forsaken hell-hole of a state.

At least they told you the truth... I got hung up on 4 times over a two day period. Yesterday I emailed them got a response that they would send them to my local PD.. I haven't followed up with the PD, but I'll try tomorrow.

Too late - I already told them I had one (a computer).

I did mention that they're weren't too many computers available in the parking lots of gun clubs where I usually conducted my face-to-face transactions. She said she "understood."

Maybe they'll issue everyone a computer so they can fill out the forms! Not as far-fetched as it sounds in this state...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom