FA-10 Caliber

Somewhere there is a game preserve in Kenya. On that game preserve lives an elephant, and on that elephant's ass is a mole. On that mole lives a family of microbes, one of which has a genetic mutation that gives it an extra pair of microscopic flagella.

Those mutant flagella matter more to the universe than the caliber you type into the EFA-10.

Somewhere there is a game preserve in Kenya. On that game preserve lives an elephant, and on that elephant's ass is a mole. On that mole lives a family of microbes, one of which has a genetic mutation that gives it an extra pair of microscopic flagella.

Those mutant flagella matter more to the universe than the caliber you type into the EFA-10.
Clap Reaction GIF

Uppers can be changed. N/A caliber if it's multi. Otherwise I put whatever the lower says. Some say 5.56 others say multi. 🤷🏿

Yes. And no. Yes, the upper/caliber/barrel length/etc can be changed and you have no obligation to tell the state about it.

No, the caliber is not MULTI. You are recording the transaction on a weapon as defined by MA law. A Firearm, Rifle, or Shotgun capable of discharging a projectile when you pull the trigger. It HAS a caliber and it is not MULTI. The caliber is likely on the barrel.

With that said, people enter incorrect info into MIRCS all the time. It is almost our obligation to make the data as wrong as we can get away with. But no, the answer is not MULTI.

Whatever the lower says. Done.
See my previous response. No, not what is on the lower as it likely says MULTI. The rifle built HAS a caliber, likely on the barrel. If it is capable of discharging a projectile, it HAS a caliber and its not MULTI. The correct answer is the caliber on the barrel when you record the transaction.

This all assumes you choose to use the service offered by the state. The law says "purchase or obtain". The Senate version of the new bill changes this to "purchase, obtain, manufacture or assemble" so they know that assembling your AR yourself is not "purchase or obtain". But whatever.

Yes. And no. Yes, the upper/caliber/barrel length/etc can be changed and you have no obligation to tell the state about it.

No, the caliber is not MULTI. You are recording the transaction on a weapon as defined by MA law. A Firearm, Rifle, or Shotgun capable of discharging a projectile when you pull the trigger. It HAS a caliber and it is not MULTI. The caliber is likely on the barrel.

With that said, people enter incorrect info into MIRCS all the time. It is almost our obligation to make the data as wrong as we can get away with. But no, the answer is not MULTI.
I always put NA. 🤷🏿

See my previous response. No, not what is on the lower as it likely says MULTI. The rifle built HAS a caliber, likely on the barrel. If it is capable of discharging a projectile, it HAS a caliber and its not MULTI. The correct answer is the caliber on the barrel when you record the transaction.

This all assumes you choose to use the service offered by the state. The law says "purchase or obtain". The Senate version of the new bill changes this to "purchase, obtain, manufacture or assemble" so they know that assembling your AR yourself is not "purchase or obtain". But whatever.

What would you put for one of them over/under rifle/shotgun doo-dads?

HA, I was right.

Back
Top Bottom