My first Mil Surp! Yugo SKS

Picked this up yesterday at Four Seasons , still haven't cleaned the cosmo off, so I'm gonna crank out the wd-40 tommorrow.

Last edited:
Well, cleaned it up today. Took it apart and cleaned the bolt...had a hell of a time getting the blt back in though! And I can't quite figure out how to disengage the bolt lock without opening the magazine...got a few other questions but I'll post them in the Mil Surps forum. That cleanup process was no fun! took me 4 hours and a lot of WD-40!

It was worth it cause the gun now looks like this:

Looks good, I can smell the cosmolene from here.[smile]
Did you get an accessories kit with it? If not you can still get them online from Numrich Gun Parts including sling and all. http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=811590&chrSuperSKU=&MC=

Or just check E Bay for a sling if thats all you want.

If you need info on sling installation, let me know and I'll post a few detailed pictures showing how they attach.

BTW, you can rub a coat of boiled linseed oil or some other paste wax that won't build up on the stock for some protection. They usually come fairly dry with little protectant finish on them.

Thanks for the tips...I'll pick up some linseed oil. I have a sling and in fact tried to put it on today and couldn't figure it out...I'd love some pics to help me out! also got a little compass-looking oiler and an empty magazine pouch that's it...

Thanks for the tips...I'll pick up some linseed oil. I have a sling and in fact tried to put it on today and couldn't figure it out...I'd love some pics to help me out! also got a little compass-looking oiler and an empty magazine pouch that's it...

100_0423.jpg

100_0422.jpg

100_0420.jpg

Just lay the sling out the way I have it shown here and you'll get the idea of how it goes on.

The only other accessory you're missing is the pull through rope. Those are usually moldy and useless anyway. The kit for take down and cleaning brushes is in a small tube hidden in the butt stock's trap door. If yours doesn't have one, you can get them from just about any gun show or even online through Numrich.

awesome...I couldn't figure out where to put the other loop...now to access the trap door in the butt of the gun, do I need to remove the rubber covering on the end of the gun?

awesome...I couldn't figure out where to put the other loop...now to access the trap door in the butt of the gun, do I need to remove the rubber covering on the end of the gun?

No, just push in with your finger and the cleaning kit (if there) should pop right out. You may have to push the door in and up a little and be careful of pinching your finger. Lots of good ideas on the SKS that the Russians came up with but they can hurt ya too.[wink]

Back
Top Bottom