• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Letter To Gabriel Gomez

Mr. Gomez,

Your website appears to lack a contact email so I chose to write via social media. I have read your website thoroughly with a focus on the section titles "second amendment". I have read in several newspapers and online artilces that you "support the second amendment, but would also support an assault weapons ban". This seems rather contridictory to me, but so be it.

I write you today because I am torn, not with who to vote for, but whether to vote at all. See, if you support the president's gun control scheme (in any form) then what is the difference between you and Mr. Markey on this issue? You both say you "support the second amendemnt", but you both also wish to enact gun control legislation. So on this issue, which is a primary issue for many, there is no difference between you and the democrat. Scott Brown lost in Massachusetts in the last election because he turned his back on his base, so we just didn't go out to vote. The lesser of two evils is no longer considered a viable option.

I'd like to ask you to make your case for my vote and the vote of many others. Not with a canned response, or a copy/paste, or a form letter; but with a well thought out positional response. If this response is received I assure you that I will share it with the thousands that I am in contact with daily in the firearms community.

If your response is solid and provides us with assurances that you will take a real stand against gun control and fight to get back the rights already taken from us, then I can assure you that you will have our support, in droves. Stand with us and will stand with (and vote for) you. Otherwise, get used to saying "Senator Markey".

Sincerely,
RevelationECHC

Nice - but I already know what the response will be.

No one can win in Massachusetts without being for some kind of gun control! Gomez knows that - if he gives us the answer we all want to hear, he is done and his race is lost.

He might 'change' his take on this matter after the election...that could be our hope. With Markey we already know he will never change his position on guns. With Gomez there is hope this is just a 'trick' to get elected by the moonbats.

Kudos for putting "pen to paper"
I would suggest that we all contact Gomez to deliver the following statement.
"We are law abiding gun owners, We are the most active "single issue" groups out there. The previous Republican Senator abandoned us in the Senate. If you would like our support for your campaign we need to hear your position on several key pieces of legislation. Specifically, would you support legislation that would require states to recognize other states concealed carry permits?"

His answer to this question will gauge how he will be on other types of legislation. IMO.

Personally, Im voting for Gomez. Get him in there, and then hammer him on Guns.
I know what Markey will do and has done. No thanks. Payback time.

Also, dont forget, Gomez is Fiscally conservative. Markey is a liberals liberal and will spend us into oblivion, guaranteed.

This is Massachusetts, we dont have the luxury of being One Issue Voters here.

Trouble is this issue shows he thinks we work for him and not the other way around, so good luck on "hammering him on guns" once he is in. Or anything else for that matter.

We've put up another statist elitist, so expect more statism and elitism. Not sure why that is such a difficult concept for people to grasp. Like being surprised when fire burns you. That's what it does...

Nice. Rinos and lesser of two evils are a sure way to defeat.

At some point, if the Government keeps getting out of control and unconstitutional, we've got to stop playing the game and clean the slate. Wash the tree of liberty so to speak.

Maybe we can start washing that tree with our votes, aka not vote for statists anymore, but so many fail to grasp that concept.

He will change his stance on 2A. I am positive of this. He is the new face of the GOP. He fits their mold and where they want to go. Guys like him and Rubio. They want the Latino vote. Because of this PAC's have dumped money into his primary campaign. Just think why you only saw Gomez ads. He was the only one that had the money. NOW, the PAC's and RNC are going to be dumping absurd amount of money to win the independent and "Reagan" Democrat votes. Very much like Scott Brown.

Now with that said, he is going to have a tow a party line. He looks like he needs direction and can be molded. Even more perfect for them. He will fall in line with the 2A and immigration and everything else.

Nice - but I already know what the response will be.

No one can win in Massachusetts without being for some kind of gun control! Gomez knows that - if he gives us the answer we all want to hear, he is done and his race is lost.

He might 'change' his take on this matter after the election...that could be our hope. With Markey we already know he will never change his position on guns. With Gomez there is hope this is just a 'trick' to get elected by the moonbats.
This. After he gets in, bombard him with letters. Wouldn't be the first time an elected official lied to get in. Won't be the last.

Personally, Im voting for Gomez. Get him in there, and then hammer him on Guns.
I know what Markey will do and has done. No thanks. Payback time.

Also, dont forget, Gomez is Fiscally conservative. Markey is a liberals liberal and will spend us into oblivion, guaranteed.

And this. I'm tired of giving my money away.

He will change his stance on 2A. I am positive of this.
If he wants my money and vote, then he will do this before I vote for him. Otherwise, I will not vote for him or donate to him.

I am not asking him to come out as a 2A champion to the exclusion of all else, but right now he is an enemy of it and in violation of his oath to the Constitution. It shows him unfit for the job in his failure to understand the nature of it.

Until he fixes that, there is nothing to "win" in electing him.

Last edited:
Good letter, Please update IF and i Mean IF you get a response. I feel the same way as most of you, there really is no good choice. When all else fails I vote for who will screw me the least; Gomez apparently is that kind of candidate as was McCain in 08 unfortunately.

Good letter, Please update IF and i Mean IF you get a response. I feel the same way as most of you, there really is no good choice. When all else fails I vote for who will screw me the least; Gomez apparently is that kind of candidate as was McCain in 08 unfortunately.
Ditto.

how cute, OP thinks he'll get a real response from a politician.

tumblr_lqu4e8mXrE1qajqxto1_500.gif

I voted for Lynch in hopes of not getting the Monkey guy from dc. I had very little hope for anyone on the R ticket, and think Gomez is a joke. I usually donate to the R candidate in hopes the lesser of two evils thing, but this time it just seems pathetic.

While GG may not be the best -- at worst, he votes like what we've had for the past 50 years. I'd rather give him a chance than have another Warren in there.

The GOP sucks so bad in general. They keep pressing these awful candidates, which shows they are either clueless or just willfully want to lose. When the faces of the GOP are people like Romney, Mccain and Gingrich, you can't expect much.

Lesser of two evils doesn't work, that has been proven over and over again, every single election as a matter of fact. Everyone just stop beating that damn horse, its not going to work this time, just like it didn't work the last 200 times.

If you are worried that the gov is going to come take your guns because of an elected officials position, then you don't understand the intention of the 2nd amendment from the founders and don't deserve them anyway.

We just went from Kerry/Warren to possibly Warren/Markey, what is the damn difference? Markey isn't going to do squat in DC. Anyone catch the voting that just went on in regards to gun control?

Two shitheads with the same agenda
Why bother?

THIS. Even if Gomez comes back with the response all of us would like to hear, would you actually believe him? I won't. He made his policy leanings clear as day prior to entering this race when he sent that letter to Deval Patrick. Anything he has said since then is utter bull$hit in my mind.

Back
Top Bottom