My Letter To Gabriel Gomez

i feel your pain. :) However the choice is this: 1) Don't vote, Markey wins; 2) Write in a third party candidate, Markey wins 3) Vote Gomez and keep fingers crossed. It's the devil and the deep blue sea either way.

The GOP sucks so bad in general. They keep pressing these awful candidates, which shows they are either clueless or just willfully want to lose. When the faces of the GOP are people like Romney, Mccain and Gingrich, you can't expect much.

Lesser of two evils doesn't work, that has been proven over and over again, every single election as a matter of fact. Everyone just stop beating that damn horse, its not going to work this time, just like it didn't work the last 200 times.

If you are worried that the gov is going to come take your guns because of an elected officials position, then you don't understand the intention of the 2nd amendment from the founders and don't deserve them anyway.

We just went from Kerry/Warren to possibly Warren/Markey, what is the damn difference? Markey isn't going to do squat in DC. Anyone catch the voting that just went on in regards to gun control?

THIS. Even if Gomez comes back with the response all of us would like to hear, would you actually believe him? I won't. He made his policy leanings clear as day prior to entering this race when he sent that letter to Deval Patrick. Anything he has said since then is utter bull$hit in my mind.

Yep, that letter to Patrick was disgusting. That garbage can't be undone. I will never vote for this toolbag, even if he changes his name to James Madison.

This is just like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown.. I am tired of it.

Again and again we are told that a conservative can't get elected. Then they run a "moderate" and they still lose. Classic example is Tsei. here we have a liberal, GAY, Rino. Running against a guy that is about to get thrown in jail. An incumbent that hides for the whole campaign and still gets re-elected.

The only way to win, is to run a true conservative. Let them state their positions clearly and it will resonate. With the Dem / Union machines of Mass the ONLY thing that can win is winning ideas.

being the little less liberal, almost a democrat thing does not work.

Nice letter.

You will get a canned response, written by one of his staffers, that will thank you for your thoughtful letter and will then re-articulate his anti-2A stance and why he feels it's important to do something about gun violence.

Mr. Gomez,

Your website appears to lack a contact email so I chose to write via social media. I have read your website thoroughly with a focus on the section titles "second amendment". I have read in several newspapers and online artilces that you "support the second amendment, but would also support an assault weapons ban". This seems rather contridictory to me, but so be it.

I write you today because I am torn, not with who to vote for, but whether to vote at all. See, if you support the president's gun control scheme (in any form) then what is the difference between you and Mr. Markey on this issue? You both say you "support the second amendemnt", but you both also wish to enact gun control legislation. So on this issue, which is a primary issue for many, there is no difference between you and the democrat. Scott Brown lost in Massachusetts in the last election because he turned his back on his base, so we just didn't go out to vote. The lesser of two evils is no longer considered a viable option.

I'd like to ask you to make your case for my vote and the vote of many others. Not with a canned response, or a copy/paste, or a form letter; but with a well thought out positional response. If this response is received I assure you that I will share it with the thousands that I am in contact with daily in the firearms community.

If your response is solid and provides us with assurances that you will take a real stand against gun control and fight to get back the rights already taken from us, then I can assure you that you will have our support, in droves. Stand with us and will stand with (and vote for) you. Otherwise, get used to saying "Senator Markey".

Sincerely,
RevelationECHC

Looks good. I am disappointed in Gomez already... He was supposed to speak at the Needham Public Library tonight at 7pm but they canceled. I planned on asking him straight up what his position was on the gun control proposals in Washington and what his position was on the bs gun control propsals here in MA by Partrick and Linsky... I am guessing he is going to quickly turn into a politician and not answer anything directly.

Thanks KennethWVT, Vote you principles if you wish, just don't expect that to "send a message" to the GOP. Look at the endless losers lining up for 2016, Christy and Rubio, give me a break.

FIFY.

Markey has won this race, might as well vote on principle, and show the GOP that Gomez is not the solution.

Thanks KennethWVT, Vote you principles if you wish, just don't expect that to "send a message" to the GOP. Look at the endless losers lining up for 2016, Christy and Rubio, give me a break.
That's the most important message to send right now. That the RNC cannot continue to foist this !@#$ on us and still get our vote because they aren't "the Democrat".

If you keep falling for that, you will get a lot more of it and people a lot worse than just RINOs. Ultimately, the RNC has already started to collapse in terms of its base. It needs to make big changes and make them now while there is time to adjust before the next elections.

If your response is solid and provides us with assurances that you will take a real stand against gun control and fight to get back the rights already taken from us, then I can assure you that you will have our support, in droves. Stand with us and will stand with (and vote for) you. Otherwise, get used to saying "Senator Markey".

Let's get with reality. A version more in keeping with the MA political landscape would me:

"If you make a public statement against gun control, you will have handed Markey an assured victory if he picks up on it and uses it in his campaign ads".

Gabe,
Said tonight on the Howie Carr Show that he's pro 2nd amendment and would not support a assault weapons ban ! He is better than Markey but, seams scary ! He's also for the path way to making illegal's citizens but, only after fixing the problem with the border and they go to the back of the line. I have a bridge to sell you !!! Howie asked him if, he owned any firearms and he said he doesnt need any if, someone came threw his door.................

It's pity we don't have more of a choice ..but Marky has made his opposition to the 2nd very clear. A Gomez victory may not be a "victory
for us" but it would at least "take the victory " from Marley. I think it might be a "start " of a message in MA.

Gabe,
Said tonight on the Howie Carr Show that he's pro 2nd amendment and would not support a assault weapons ban ! He is better than Markey but, seams scary ! He's also for the path way to making illegal's citizens but, only after fixing the problem with the border and they go to the back of the line. I have a bridge to sell you !!! Howie asked him if, he owned any firearms and he said he doesnt need any if, someone came threw his door.................

Do you happen to have a cite for this? I'd love to read/listen to this!

I heard that part of the interview. What he said was he doesn't support an AWB, he further went on to say as as a former SEAL he has used/fired those types of weapons and knows all about their operation where as Markey does not.

I took this to mean that he is equating the real assault weapons that special forces use to be the same thing available to civilians.

Howie asked him if he owns guns and didn't want to answer, Howie pushed and got him to admit "that I don't need guns to defend myself if someone breaks in" slight paraphrase but not by much.

Howie does not have any audio from today's interview on his website, at least not yet.

He really should just change his campaign slogan to "Si Si Puede".

Last edited:
I'll be truthful, I only read the first page or two... but instead of saying "good job" or "good luck hearing from .." GUYS!, use this as an inspiration to write your own letter! Strength in numbers right?

Nice. Rinos and lesser of two evils are a sure way to defeat.

At some point, if the Government keeps getting out of control and unconstitutional, we've got to stop playing the game and clean the slate. Wash the tree of liberty so to speak.

Can't wash a poisonous tree. You have to cut it down and plant a new one.

Response from Gomez Pyle:

Dear Revgunnut,

Thank you for your letter. If elected, I will never ever ever vote for any gun control. Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye, Crossees don't count. Tell all of your gun friends that I like guns a lot and think gun laws are wicked bad. I know I wrote a letter to Gov Patrick saying if he gave me the seat I would support his master on gun control but I had my fingers crossed the whole time.

I think that you should be able to buy all of the guns i used in the SEALs at WalMart. Really I do.

Gabriel Gomez

Response from Gomez Pyle:

Dear Revgunnut,

Thank you for your letter. If elected, I will never ever ever vote for any gun control. Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye, Crossees don't count. Tell all of your gun friends that I like guns a lot and think gun laws are wicked bad. I know I wrote a letter to Gov Patrick saying if he gave me the seat I would support his master on gun control but I had my fingers crossed the whole time.

I think that you should be able to buy all of the guns i used in the SEALs at WalMart. Really I do.

Gabriel Gomez

Oh what a great response, he has my vote!!!!

Back
Top Bottom