• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My M&P O face

Recently bought a M&P 45c. Obviously the trigger was horrendous.
Heard about the Apex trigger systems that everyone seems to rave about. But Apex offers so many trigger options.
Did extensive research and found my baby. The Apex forward set sear trigger.
Oh baby! Yeah it's that good. Turns an M&P trigger into a 1911 trigger with 4 lb pull.
I installed it today in 1.5 hrs. Not the easiest nor the hardest install but most definitely worth it.
oh oh oh oh yeah!

I have Apex kits on my Shields and full size M&P.
I would factor in the price of the kit if anyone was to buy an M&P or Shield.

They are a must have for those pistols in my opinion.
They really are that good!

Wow as in this trigger actually allows the gun to fire now. WOW![smile]

Came in this thread, expected to see your O face. 0/10

giphy.gif

sweet. I am still debating a similar move on my shield

my experience w the shield is that the stock reset and sear are better than the standard M&P models which are horrendous. personally i prefer the stock shield trigger (not the 10# trigger spring).

my experience w the shield is that the stock reset and sear are better than the standard M&P models which are horrendous. personally i prefer the stock shield trigger (not the 10# trigger spring).

yup, I have only been out twice with it so time will tell

I have Apex kits on my Shields and full size M&P.
I would factor in the price of the kit if anyone was to buy an M&P or Shield.

They are a must have for those pistols in my opinion.
They really are that good!

Wow as in this trigger actually allows the gun to fire now. WOW![smile]

I know F.S. does the apex kit fully installed for $100 on M&P's 9, 40 & 45 and the Shield.

http://www.fsguns.com/ scroll way down to see the part on the apex kit.

I still don't like the hinge trigger but the apex makes a huge difference I will say that

This is not the cheap Apex kit you get when you have four seasons do it.
In the forward set sear trigger kit you replace almost all the internal action springs, changed the sear plate, change the firing pin block and replaces the trigger with an anodized blade safety trigger.
The total take up is probably about a 1/8 in before it breaks a a crisp 4lbs.
conversly, the original hinge trigger easily had 1/2" take up before the sear break point.

Reset is light but it's such a short stroke it really doesn't matter.
you can get the Apex ram installed which just provides a more audible sound and feel

you can get the Apex ram installed which just provides a more audible sound and feel

Thanks. Thats what im looking for. You need some sort of psychic premenition to know when my trigger resets. Ill likely do both. Thanks for the review!

So, if one had a FS install, to get the full Apex package one with some mechanical aptitude would get the front sear kit, an armorers block with a brass punch and rubber mallet, and do the full replacement per the instructions? Seems like FS installs basically just the springs? How about the striker block et al?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, if one had a FS install, to get the full Apex package one with some mechanical aptitude would get the front sear kit, an armorers block with a brass punch and rubber mallet, and do the full replacement per the instructions? Seems like FS installs basically just the springs? How about the striker block et al?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have to have some mechanical aptitude and the right tools. Or pay someone to do it.

I have one of the M&P 45 mid size.. Perhaps I should put on my nomex suit before writing this.. I really like the gun(and I am a Glock guy) and have no issues with the trigger. Same for the stock trigger on the Shield. Is it possible I lucked out... twice?

I have one of the M&P 45 mid size.. Perhaps I should put on my nomex suit before writing this.. I really like the gun(and I am a Glock guy) and have no issues with the trigger. Same for the stock trigger on the Shield. Is it possible I lucked out... twice?

I don't think you know what a good trigger is.

For a carry gun, I recommend the Apex DCAEK over the forward set trigger.

Unlike the Glock, the M&P is a single action pistol: slide cycling fully cocks the striker, which is then retained by a real sear. The trigger safety and pin safety pretty much protect against a momentum-based unintended discharge (I.e., dropped pistol), but they do nothing about a wayward finger UD.

The DCAEK will greatly improve trigger break and reset. It will leave the "normal" pull weight at 5-6 pounds, and reduce the "Massachusetts" 10-lb. pull to the same.

sweet. I am still debating a similar move on my shield

I just swapped out my MA sear with the Apex Sheild sear and put in the "standard" trigger return spring that S&W uses in all their non-MA pistols. Kept everything else factory. I get between a 5.5 and 6lb trigger pull.. Just right for an EDC IMHO.

My other M&P have the full Apex FSS triggers and they are terrific. I am in the 3-4lb pull range with these guns. I have both the flat face trigger and curved aluminun AEK triggers. I prefer the curved AEK trigger over the FFT. The length of pull in increased too much for me with the FFT and the curved trigger feels better on my finger. Also the FFT safety sticks out quite a bit and is a minor annoyance from a feel perspective.

All the Apex parts are excellent and fairly easy to install.

Just my 2cents.

Alright. I hate all of you. I did the apex trigger on the M&P9. Yes it is very very nice. And I am dumb and do not know a good trigger unless I have a direct comparison.

Back
Top Bottom