• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Personal Heroes

I am happy that SPC Perez sounds like he will be ok eventually. It was the opening pictures that made me cry the first time.

Guess I'm just having a down week. Thanks for the pics of us. They do bring a smile through the tears. Although, he doesn't look like that now! He's lost even more weight on top of what he lost in Iraq! He's going to be a beanpole by the time he comes home.

Nickle I e-mailed him as well. Geez Alan is starting out as a bean pole,guess he'll be even way skinnier than he already is.

MrsWildweasel said:
Nickle I e-mailed him as well. Geez Alan is starting out as a bean pole,guess he'll be even way skinnier than he already is.

With a little more muscle added I would think. [lol]

Oh, I'm sure. He lost so much weight in basic and ait,I really hate t see how skinny he'll be when he gets home. Not to mention probably eat me out of house and home. He came back from basic/ait eating alot more vegies than when he left. Still can't get him to eat potatoes though. Only french fries. :D

It depends on the person how much they loose while over there. Tank had it to sweat off. ;) He had lots of time for PT too!

He's doing PT twice a day in Kuwait, and is excited about the possibility of being able to pass the PT test to get into the police academy when he gets home.

Thats great. I know he'll do well. Alan is wanting to do law enforcement classes when he gets back. He wants to be one of the town cops here.

Now that's a dangerous job, Law Enforcement. Though knowing Brett, he'll scare the crap out of any perp that just looks at him. Sue, Lynne, you'll understand once you see him, he's kinda tall, and that's an understatement.

Dang,I'm going to feel like a midget then. What the hell we feeding these kids? It's funny the doctors were worried because he was on prednisone so much as a kid that it would stunt his growth. I'd have hated to see how tall he would have been if thats the case.

Depends on if you are going my military measurements, or doctor's measurements...they are about 2 inches apart. He's 6'9" or thereabout. I'm pretty close to 6' myself, so you can kind of judge from the pictures.

I have a good one to show his height that I'll have to try to figure out how to post later.

MrsWildweasel said:
Dang, I'm really feeling like a midget now, and I thought I was tall. [lol]

Don't worry about it, MrsWW... I still look up to you!

I have to; I'm 5'6".
hehehe.gif

Awww, I'm feeling better already. [lol] My brother feels he was short changed too since he is shorter than I am. I like you're smiley gives me a good laugh too.

Heck, my brother's the "giant" in the family... he's 5'8". My sister's 5' nothing... on a good day. :)

My nephew, OTOH, is somewhere over 5'9"... and he's just 18. I'll get to teach him to shoot later this month when he comes up to visit. [twisted] [twisted] [twisted] And yes, his mother is the one who gave me the lecture about how I was "opening myself up to the path of violence" by owning guns.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
smiley_abxg.gif

Ross

I wasn't sure if these guys knew who James was. :)

The second picture are some guys that I've heard a lot about, but don't really know, so I don't have names to give. It's a picture of Brett's squad in Iraq the first time. Brett is the one that "sticks out" a bit! ;)

Yeah, I know all but about 3 of them. Looks like most of them are from B Btry, which is 6 miles from home.

From left to right:

Garrow, WoJo, ?, Biggie, ?, Brett, Edson, don't know his name, ?, don't know his name.

Garrow I've known since 1991. Biggie (C. Bigelow) is another shooter, and was Brett's driver. WoJo was Brett's Squad Leader. Tony and Derek would like WoJo, he's an ex-Marine.

Yeah, those are the names I hear about, but have never been able to associate with faces! :-D

That's the hard part about Brett being in the Vermont Guard and living in Maine. He talks about the guys, but I rarely see them.

Speaking of height. If Brent lifts his arm, I'll be able to walk under it. I'm 5'3". [lol] I'll definately look up to you Sue. [lol]

Back
Top Bottom