My Wife Carol got her permit today

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
Just a few minutes ago Lt Walasavage called my wife to tell her that her permit was in.

She had called him yesterday to remind him it had been 45 days, like he asked her to do.

So 46 days for a first time issue in Norton. Carol didn't ask if it's A unrestricted. Stan just said it's OK, come get it. I can't imagine her getting a neutered license.

We're headed to the Police station right now to pick it up. More later.

Thanks again Lynne and Ed. I can't believe this is real!!

Well Carol is home with the permit. Class A Large Cap. Restrictions: NONE

I've never seen it go so smooth, not like any of the first four times I got and renewed mine.

Well, this is what she has to choose from what came home from the S&WCA Annual meeting. New grips on the Bodyguard, but the others Carol and I bought together. [wink]

carolschoice.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG1348.JPG
    CIMG1348.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Bill, You must be so proud of her. Looks like she has a nice selection to choose from. Congratulations!

Well Carol is home with the permit. Class A Large Cap. Restrictions: NONE

I've never seen it go so smooth, not like any of the first four times I got and renewed mine.

[party]This is cause for a celebration. We should both bring our spouces to MF&G and make some noise.[smile]

Depicts,

I am happy that your wife got her A LTC no restrictions. On the other hand, it's a damn shame that we rejoice as if it were a wedding or birth or some equally joyous occaision. What should be a quite ordinary occurance in many states is cause for celebration in Massachusetts and that speaks volumes as to our current state of affairs.

Mark L.

Actually - I celebrate because she is a woman - maybe that should be ordinary, too, but hasn't been, no matter what the state!! Just think of the women all of you have reported have taken it up, and the number who are joining this site -
it is fan-tab-u-lous!![party]

Well, Carol decided that she didn't like any of the guns we allready have.

We went out to lunch and then to Ron Strickland's, who had a lot of used .22s when I was there last.

Carol decided on a Ruger MarkII, blue, with 4 1/2 barrel.

She made a good choice. It's one of the two or three guns I recommend to a new shooter.

This gun wasn't "too heavy", "too thick", "too big", "too small", "too bright", or TOO anything else.

It was just right. She tried several different guns. Revolvers and automatics both .22 and .38 and a Charter .44 Bulldog.

This is what her first looks like. This is a MKIII, hers is the similar MKII.
255.jpg

Actually - I celebrate because she is a woman - maybe that should be ordinary, too, but hasn't been, no matter what the state!! Just think of the women all of you have reported have taken it up, and the number who are joining this site -
it is fan-tab-u-lous!![party]

packingungal, you're so right. I can't understand why everyone doesn't carry, but even more so for a woman. It's great to see more women and girls starting to shoot.

Carol is the second one in the last few years I've nudged toward a LTC. I liked telling Carol today, ..."you made a great choice Babe. That gun will run and shoot forever with no trouble and do a great job, until you're ready to pass it down to one of our Granddaughters." Then I remembered what she told me about our Son and daughter-in-law. "OK, I said, then maybe for a GREAT granddaughter. [grin]

I would love to know how she likes it. I love the way the MarkIII feels - never shot either of them (II/III). Just want to hear from a woman's perspective...

Back
Top Bottom