Nagant ammo

Was just wondering if anybody knows where to buy some 7.62X38 ammo for it, i picked up 2 and don't know where to find the ammo for it.

Last edited:
Assuming you are talking about 7.62 Nagant for the M1895 revolver. This stuff can be hard to find at times, and gets expensive, because there is only one manufacturer that makes it. Fiocchi will occasionally make a run of it and ship it over here. The NY ammo guy will usually have some at the shows (United Cartridge Co., Congers, NY, 845-267-5074). Your best bet is to make the show at Wilmington on March 1st, and see if anyone has any.
GC

Hotshot (a Prvi label) makes it, and I think Prvi sells it under their own label as well. Check with Bron Classic Firearms in Sturbridge. John is open Wednesday-Saturday usually, not full hours so you'd have to call to check his hours, but if it's a rare military caliber he's the best chance you have in this state to find it. Very fair prices for a small retailer as well.

(508)347-5580

You can also shoot .32 Mag ammo in the nagant. You'll get some split cases but they work. Another site said .32-20 ammo will work in them.

Collector's in Stoneham carries a huge assortment of different ammo. I've found some oddball stuff there that no one else seems to carry.

You can make it using 32-20 brass. Run it through Nagant dies, Lee makes them, then load with a 90G. 30 cal wad cutter. Before the dies were available, I used 30 carbine dies. Around 2 grains of Bullseye made a nice light load. Midway has everything to do this.

Back
Top Bottom