Nashua NH CCW permit

My wife just called our state reps and senator who called the board of selectman who muscled the chief. Had it that day. Wonder if that will work in MA now that we moved? Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I don't know if you found the contact info but here it is:
Evan Nappen:
http://www.efnappen.com/index.html
(888) 4-GUN-LAW
E.F. Nappen Attorney at Law, PC
280 Pleasant Street, 1st Floor,
Concord, NH 03301

Office: (603) 223-0001
Fax: (603) 223-0007

Penny Dean
http://www.pennydean.com/
phone: 603-230-9999
email:p[email protected]

Nov. 4th is exactly 14 days from when you submitted. I would call the Nashua Police Monday (or Sunday if your feeling aggressive) and ask if it is ready to be picked up. If it is not, call one of the above attorney's. Nov. 8th is 14 business days from when you submitted but that doesn't matter, case law (IMO) has settled that the "14 days" in RSA 159 means 14 consecutive days, 14 not business days.

Thank you for the Info. Now I have a better understanding. The lady I talked to in records said 14 business days. She would be wrong I guess. I will call the above lawyer on Monday if I don't have it.

Just called them again and told them about the 14 days and if you could believe this they told me it is now READY TO BE PICKED UP. LOL. Does that make any sense at all?

Just called them again and told them about the 14 days and if you could believe this they told me it is now READY TO BE PICKED UP. LOL. Does that make any sense at all?

Sounds like they were either screwing with you on purpose (somebody on a power trip) or ignoring it and hoping that you would let them take their sweet time. Glad to hear that reminding them of their obligations under the law seems to have settled things.

Remember, it's NH, not MA, and your rights are not subject to the discretion of some cop or bureaucrat. I hope someday to get out of MA. Keep freedom warm for me, eh? [grin]

They were probably just making you sweat it out, see if you know your s**t or not.

Honestly she was not nice at all. She tried to tell me it she had now 3 days to contact me. I explained to her she told me the 13th. I was not going to get into a argument at a police station. Good luck to anyone trying to get a license in Nashua. Stay on top of them I did. Thanks to all of you here for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW is it OK to make a photocopy of it and shrink it to credit card size to fit in my wallet?

I have a few friends in Nashua and their experience with the NPD on carry permits has been great.

One of them submitted his app in the morning and they called him back to pick it up in the afternoon.
People need to stop going into this looking to fight. This isn't MA and there are only a handful of people that have had
ANY issue whatsoever.

Calm down and breath! Don't makes issues that don't exist.
Everything is gonna be fine.

Not to sound like an a**h*** (kinda), are you originally from MA?

This....

Honestly she was not nice at all. She tried to tell me it she had now 3 days to contact me. I explained to her she told me the 13th. I was not going to get into a argument at a police station. Good luck to anyone trying to get a license in Nashua. Stay on top of them I did. Thanks to all of you here for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW is it OK to make a photocopy of it and shrink it to credit card size to fit in my wallet?

I'm not trying to sound like a dick but it is something that must be understood for new New Hampshire residents and especially those with Massachusetts Logic Development Syndrome, or MLDS for short.

In New Hampshire, if the RSA's do not explicitly say you cannot do something, then you can do it. RSA 159 does not say you can't shrink it and photocopy it, so therefore, you can. The RSA also does not say you have to have the license on your person, just that you have it. It is wise to carry it on your person, but not legally required.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick but it is something that must be understood for new New Hampshire residents and especially those with Massachusetts Logic Development Syndrome, or MLDS for short.

In New Hampshire, if the RSA's do not explicitly say you cannot do something, then you can do it. RSA 159 does not say you can't shrink it and photocopy it, so therefore, you can. The RSA also does not say you have to have the license on your person, just that you have it. It is wise to carry it on your person, but not legally required.

Thank you.

Sorry to beat a dead horse here....

But, I plan on moving to Nashua in a few months. About 7 years ago I was arrested for Disorderly Conduct in MA. Charges were later dismissed. So my record is clean in the sense that I was never convicted of a crime, but the charge is still on my CORY report.

What are my chances of denial in Nashua?

I have since applied for and been issued a FL non-resident permit.

Last edited:
No conviction should be no issue. This isn't MA where if the COP "THINKS" you did something they can hold it against you.

Even if it WAS a conviction doesn't mean it would be a no go. You might have to go and talk with the COP but doesn't mean you wouldn't get it.

Like I told the OP. Put the aplication in and see what happen. Then worry about action, ONLY if needed.

I read this in another forum

I had Nashua PD deny me for an arrest 25 years ago. The charges were dropped 30 days later.
I did not expunge my record in the intervening years. I also didn't do the appeal at the time
of denial. So now I have to answer yes to the question of being denied a permit. I am going
to reapply soon and will push the issue this time.

Malodave

This part of the application really needs to be added to the law...

Applicants not prohibited under federal or NH law from possession of a firearm shall be deemed suitable
persons and the license shall be issued unless the applicant is so prohibited from possessing a firearm. The
burden is on the licensing entity to prove by clear and convincing proof that the applicant is so prohibited from
possessing a firearm.

Last edited:
I read this in another forum

Evan Nappen has several cases under his belt where the COP got thrown around by the judge for denying an applicant who meets the requirements to posses a gun. Submit the application, and do it via certified mail with a return receipt. If you are denied, IMMEDIATELY contact Evan Nappen. DO not let it go. Appeal the denial. If they take longer than the required 14 consecutive days, kindly remind them on the 14th or 15th day of the law, that you sent it via certified mail and that you may be contacting Evan Nappen if you do not have your permit in hand that day.

Oh Boy Guys!
I just bought a house in Nashua and will be applying for my CCW soon.
Being that I am moving from MA, and suffering from "Massachusetts Logic Development Syndrome, or MLDS for short" this ought to be fun! hahaha I can't wait!

As a first time applicant it took $200, a four hour class, time off work to meet with the issuing LEO and almost 3 months to get my LTC-A in MA and after all that, it was restricted to Hunting+Target even though my record is spotless. So I am definitely looking forward to a MAXIMUM of 14 consecutive days, and if I read correctly, $10???. [smile] Can you say "cakewalk"?

I think the only painstaking part of this whole process is going to be filling out all the transfer paperwork for my "arsenal" as the mindless cattle, I'm sorry, "general populous" would call it.

Oh Boy Guys!
I just bought a house in Nashua and will be applying for my CCW soon.
Being that I am moving from MA, and suffering from "Massachusetts Logic Development Syndrome, or MLDS for short" this ought to be fun! hahaha I can't wait!

As a first time applicant it took $200, a four hour class, time off work to meet with the issuing LEO and almost 3 months to get my LTC-A in MA and after all that, it was restricted to Hunting+Target even though my record is spotless. So I am definitely looking forward to a MAXIMUM of 14 consecutive days, and if I read correctly, $10???. [smile] Can you say "cakewalk"?

I think the only painstaking part of this whole process is going to be filling out all the transfer paperwork for my "arsenal" as the mindless cattle, I'm sorry, "general populous" would call it.
Transfer paperwork? do you have to notify MA when taking guns out of state?

Transfer paperwork? do you have to notify MA when taking guns out of state?

I was under the assumption that I need to inform both local agencies of the change (Nashua, Dracut) as well as the Federal Government. Am I wrong in this assumption? Is it possible that this move could possibly be any easier?

I was under the assumption that I need to inform both local agencies of the change (Nashua, Dracut) as well as the Federal Government. Am I wrong in this assumption? Is it possible that this move could possibly be any easier?

How exactly do you think you'd notify the "Federal Government," and of what would you notify them?

Unless you have NFA-covered items, just pack your stuff and get up here. We need the votes. The State up here doesn't cares what you're bringing, or what you will buy when you get here.

There is some MA-specific LTC change of address notification stuff, which might be important if you ever decide to move back there, but MA guys need to advise you on that.

How exactly do you think you'd notify the "Federal Government," and of what would you notify them?

Unless you have NFA-covered items, just pack your stuff and get up here. We need the votes. The State up here doesn't cares what you're bringing, or what you will buy when you get here.

There is some MA-specific LTC change of address notification stuff, which might be important if you ever decide to move back there, but MA guys need to advise you on that.

NH KICKS ASS!!!![laugh2]

- - - Updated - - -

Nashua will not care what you own and neither will the state of NH we don't register tools.

You mean I don't have to register my reciprocating saw either??? WHAT!!???

OMG I Love this state!

I like NH too...but this is a Free America thing, not a NH thing. Seriously, the scars of life in MA are deep an pernicious. Enjoy your recovery :)

I completely agree Nicole. This is definitely says a lot about the state of America and our Freedoms. The mental/emotional scars of living in MA will live with me forever. I hope that one day my friends and family who still live there will be able to enjoy the same freedoms as us in NH and other great states in the US who “get” it and understand what it is to live in America.

531459_499991003357015_568236801_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom