Nashua NH F&G 2012 Schedule

Hello All,

We got the 2012 Schedule up today.

http://www.nfga.org/highpower/highpower.html

http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/Tentative_2012_NFGA_HighPower_Schedule.pdf

This should be 99% good to go but we're listing it as "Tentative" for now in case of any changes.

Complete Match Bulletins are still a work in progress and will be posted as they get completed but we wanted to get the dates out.
There was a joint effort to coordinate schedules for the big matches between Reading Mass and Scarborough Maine.
Also for the NH Rifle League matches between Nashua, Pelham and Pemi.

In addition to the April CMP clinic we have added two additional clinics this season with the hopes of getting new shooters to participate more.

I have a spreadsheet that I have built that lists all these clubs matches in one document that I will release once all the other clubs have publicly posted thier schedules.

We hope anyone that shot at NFGA last season enjoyed themself and will return for 2012.
Of course people that have yet to shoot at NFGA are encouraged to come shoot as well.

Thanks,
George

Edited to Add;
Just noticed I screwed up the thread title.
Can an admin edit it to say Nashua NH F&G 2012 Schedule

Last edited:
woohoo!!! more matches after Perry = I might as well get an apartment in Hudson lol...gonna be up there every weekend anyways :D

Looking forward to the MRP matches too George...Just missed getting classified for it last year.

Edited to Add;
Just noticed I screwed up the thread title.
Can an admin edit it to say Nashua NH F&G 2012 Schedule

George .
You can edit the title if you click, go advanced.

Thanks Mike! I found it.

Did you see we have 3 clinics on the NFGA Schedule this year?
We're hoping we can get more people to not only try ctc highpower shooting but to have the confidence to stick with it.

I'm thinking of trying to get contacts with some of the Appleseed shooters and see if we can get them hooked.
I have no expierience with that group so I do not know if they would be interested in this personally challenging game we love or not??

George

Thanks Mike! I found it.

We're hoping we can get more people to not only try ctc highpower shooting but to have the confidence to stick with it.

George

Im looking forward to it. I just got my new upper a few weeks ago.
I just shot it tonight resting the gun on a piece of carpet to stabilize me.200 yd., 6 in th X / 10 10's and 1 in the 9 ring

Thanks Mike! I found it.

I'm thinking of trying to get contacts with some of the Appleseed shooters and see if we can get them hooked.
I have no expierience with that group so I do not know if they would be interested in this personally challenging game we love or not??

George

George.
What's the difference between the CMP clinic and the High Power clinics?
Thanks, Mike

CMP is Service Rifle only shooting "over the course" 200, 300 & 600. No sighters and you have to stand before the rapid fire.

NRA High Power has "over the course shooting" with Service Rifle & NRA Match Rifle. It also has Long Range & F-Class that is all slow fire. These are fired with NRA Match Rifles, Service Rifles, Any Rifles and F-O & F-TR rifles.

HTH,

B

For about a hundred years, Rapid fire meant going from the standing position, to sitting or prone. It was actually called Standing to Sitting Rapid Fire or Standing to Prone Rapid fire. About three or four years ago, one of the very best NRA HP shooters applied for and was granted a waiver because of a knee replacement, to stay in the sitting position. Well a bunch of people thought that was unfair. So under the guise of safety, they rammed through a change so everyone would start in position.

CMP didn't think this was an issue, and those shooters did not shoot CMP matches, so there was no need for a change.

So now we have two fundamentally different courses of fire. One that requires you to stand before the targets come up and another that you stay in position. Smart huh?

I'm not sure I know what the answer to the waiver thing is, but I don't like the fact that it was sold as a safety thing.

B

Depends on the match. NRA rules specify nothing larger than a .35caliber for any sanctioned match...so no

Whether or not they'd allow it for an any/any or practice is another story. spotter discs fall right out of .50cal holes (on top of the fact that a .50cal hole is VERY difficult to patch)

I'm sure George will be along to answer for sure. We've shot them @ Reading @ 600yards, but it was all known rifles/ammo/shooters, and we made damned sure we stayed near the middle of the target (I don't want to think about the damage a .50BMG would do to a target carrier...and they're not cheap to replace...)

Our Clinic is this Saturday and our 1st NRA Approved League match is this Sunday at NFGA.

It's the NH High Power Rifle League but anyone can shoot in it.
5 min unlimited sighter period before each stage.

NHHPRL: Cost $10.00 for Adults.
Juniors Match Fee and Ammo are Free! ( Paid out of NHHPRL League fees )
10 rd offhand & 2-10 rd sitting rapid @ 200 yds, 2-10 rd prone rapid @ 300 yds.
This is an NRA Approved League. Coaching is allowed.

The more the merrier so please come and shoot....

George

Our Clinic is this Saturday and our 1st NRA Approved League match is this Sunday at NFGA.

It's the NH High Power Rifle League but anyone can shoot in it.
5 min unlimited sighter period before each stage.

NHHPRL: Cost $10.00 for Adults.
Juniors Match Fee and Ammo are Free! ( Paid out of NHHPRL League fees )
10 rd offhand & 2-10 rd sitting rapid @ 200 yds, 2-10 rd prone rapid @ 300 yds.
This is an NRA Approved League. Coaching is allowed.

The more the merrier so please come and shoot....

George

Does this score go toward our NRA classification?

Mike,

Glad to hear your signed up!

Be prepared for a long day till at least 3pm. Bring plenty of food and water.
It's supposed to be windy again tomorrow so an extra layer of clothing may be nice to have too.
Classroom is around a couple hours in the morning then all range time.
Attendees will be shooting, pulling targets and scoring to get the basics on everything.

Yes, the NHHPRL League scores go in to the NRA for classification but as Brian said they don't go in until the end of the year.
The NFGA NRA 80 rd match scores go in asap after those matches are fired.

George

Big Thanks!!
to all that came out to shoot the NHHPRL NH High Power Rifle League match at NFGA last Sunday.
We were very happy to see a decent turnout and we even had 4 people from the clinic the day before come out and shoot!

There were some very good scores shot and it was only April!

Ryan Blasi is the lucky guy that gets to do the results for the League matches this year and he got the results up today at
http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/20120429_NHHPRL_Match_1.pdf

I hope those that came and shot enjoyed themselves!

The league matches are good for all but they are very good for new shooters because coaching is allowed and there are 5 min unlimited sighter periods before each stage to give people some extra time to get centered up, work on positions, etc...

There's another NHHPRL League match next Saturday 5/12 so please come on out to shoot it and make all the work we do on the range worthwhile. I'll be in Butner NC for the Creedmoor Cup matches but Ryan, David, Chris and the others are hoping for another good turnout so please come on over and shoot...

The following weekend we have our 1st NRA Approved Mid Range Prone Match on Sat 5/19 and our 1st NRA Approve 80 rd match onb Sunday 5/20.
there's 2 good days of shooting right there on a great range that should make it worthe traveling too.

Thanks Again!
George

Last edited:
Big Thanks!!

There's another NHHPRL League match next Sunday 5/12 so please come on out to shoot it and make all the work we do on the range wirthwhile.

Thanks Again!
George

George. The league match is Saturday according to the schedule.
Thanks, Mike.
Thanks for a great day and taking me and the other new guys under your wing.

The season is coming into full swing in the Northeast this weekend.

There is an NRA 80 League Match at Reading on Saturday and an NRA 80 Round Match at Nashua on Sunday.
So... if one wanted they could shoot cross the course out to 600 yards on 2 great ranges both days this weekend.

We also have an NRA Approved Mid Range Prone match this Saturday at Nashua.
I will be at Nashua both days this weekend shooting and helping run the matches.

A few people at Reading and Nashua do alot of work to make these matches happen so please come out and support them by showing up to shoot.

George

The season is coming into full swing in the Northeast this weekend.

There is an NRA 80 League Match at Reading on Saturday and an NRA 80 Round Match at Nashua on Sunday.
So... if one wanted they could shoot cross the course out to 600 yards on 2 great ranges both days this weekend.

A few people at Reading and Nashua do alot of work to make these matches happen so please come out and support them by showing up to shoot.

George

Count me in both days [grin],I just have to trim some brass [crying]

Thanks to all that came out to shoot the NRA 80 at NFGA today.
I was surprised at the light turnout for such a great day but I think those that showed up enjoyed the match.

I think all of us had some Aww Sh!ts but there were some very good scores posted.

Mike Pietrowicz won it with a 778-20x, Larry Cabana 2nd with a 773-19 and Junior Verne Conant with a 769-19x All Service Rifles!

Congradz to Jason Sawyer for making Master today!

Thanks again to all that came to shoot.
Full Scores should be up @ http://www.nfga.org/highpower/2012_HP_Matches.html by tomorrow.
George

I want to apologize to all that came out and shot the Mid Range Prone match last Saturday and the NRA80 last Sunday for not having the results up on the website yet.

Dave and I don't know if the webmaster is out of town or the website is screwed up. We both had our results bulletins emailed to him the same day as those matches last weekend but they're still not up. We try to always get the results up very quickly because we know people like to see how they fared in the standings. Anyway, Sorry and Hopefully they get posted soon....

We have another NRA 80 tomorow and a league match on Sunday both 8am starts.
There will be a free 600 yard practice after the League match on Sunday but we have to work it around any member range qualifications that may show up.

Weather is looking good for the weekend and we're hoping for good turnouts both days.

http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/2012_NFGA_HighPower_Schedule.pdf

Hope to see many of you there..
George

I want to apologize to all that came out and shot the Mid Range Prone match last Saturday and the NRA80 last Sunday for not having the results up on the website yet.

Dave and I don't know if the webmaster is out of town or the website is screwed up. We both had our results bulletins emailed to him the same day as those matches last weekend but they're still not up. We try to always get the results up very quickly because we know people like to see how they fared in the standings. Anyway, Sorry and Hopefully they get posted soon....

There will be a free 600 yard practice after the League match on Sunday but we have to work it around any member range qualifications that may show up.

Weather is looking good for the weekend and we're hoping for good turnouts both days.

George

Hi George. I haven't quit, just working weekends.
See you guys on 9/1 and 9/9
Mike

George

Looks like the NFGA Webmaster is back and getting caught up.
The results for everything shot so far this month went up last night including Saturdays NRA80.

http://www.nfga.org/highpower/2012_HP_Matches.html

August 05, 3 X 600 Any/Any Prone Match
August 18, Mid Range Prone Match
August 19, NRA 80
August 25, NRA 80

I expect David will have the results from yesterdays league match to him today for posting soon.

Thank you to all that came to shoot this weekend.
It was a great weekend to shoot and there were some good scores shot.

There is another NRA 80 this Saturday 9/1 for those looking to upgrade their NRA classification...

On Sunday the NFGA crew will be in Reading Mass supporting Maureen's 3x600 fundraiser.
http://readinghighpower.com/

Jason, Did you shoot 2 guns?

No. Unfortunately the score on the bottom is the correct one. Not sure why I'm on there twice.

I had a REALLY rough day and ended up just shooting it like a practice, tried some different sight pictures, different holds, a bigger aperture, etc.

Having Jason in there twice was my mistake.

I do alot of copy / paste when I type up the match bulletins and forgot to delete the row that had Jasons score from last week.

Corrected version sent to webmaster.

Back
Top Bottom