need longer eye relief scope

I am presently using a 6x36 40mm scope for my bench rest shoots. I purchased a Hyskor gun rest and would like to sit behind the unit. THEREFORE: I am looking for an eyepiece adapter that will allow me to be 6-7" from the scope, effectively changing the eye relief from 3 1/2' to aprox. 7-8" Has anyone ever come across such and animal? I am presently using my digital camera which works well actually, but needs to be reset after each shot due to not being able to obtain a rigid enough mount, plus the camera has a 10 sec shut down mode. BTW I am also using a hydraulic trigger pull to eliminate my old shaky trigger finger.

If there is such an animal, I've never heard of it, especially on a high-magnification scope. I don' know if it's even optically possible. 3-1/2" is already HUGE amount of eye relief.

Scout scope would be your best bet.
There made for long eye relief but not sure if its long enough . Could also get one of the scope cams , and figure out a portable screen .

YouTube I don't know how well they would stand up to centerfire rifles. This guy has some great set ups on his air rifles though. I did see a camera adapted system...think it was called third eye.
If I remember right it was $$$$$. I been looking at the scopes with camera biult in what I don't know and have not looked to deep is if you can hook up to remote screen?.

i think a camera is gonna be your best bet. my nightforce is only 3.8", which as pat said, is HUGE.

a scout scope would do what you want, but not at any sort of magnification (at least, not enough for bench rest)

What rifle are you using? Does it have a rail for the scope?

GG&G Scout rail adapter will move the scope forward if it does.

GHGGG1001.jpg

Dude, just pay me $100 bucks an hour and I'll look through the scope and pull the trigger for you. You can sit back and eat a sammich.

Or get one of these: http://hookertactical.com/Riflescope Eye-Cam.html

Add some long AV wires and a long hydraulic line for the trigger and you can take shots from inside the clubhouse.

Last edited:
Or even better, the ULTIMATE bench rest rig:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it has to do with the gun laws there . And it's more of a test of you abilities to build one . Others then that you just wait for the wind to be rite and shoot . Adjust a few screws to level the base for aiming .....

It reminds me of the old ladies playing slots .

Back
Top Bottom