NES gunshow feeler...

shouldnt be to bad, make it a FA10 only event. Other than providing a space and maybe chow not much to it. The big part is finding a central location.

Also one of our friendly neighborhood FFLs could come to do transfers in case people were at their 4 per year limit or had more than 4 sell.

Finding a location would be the hardest part IMO. Give Mr. Wallace a call at GOAL, you may get an answer by next year.[wink]

Yeah, this is a super idea. But to make it successful you'd probably need to open it to outsiders to get a bit of a crowd, you know how hard it is to get folks together just for dinner/drinks & a meet 'n greet. But I still like the idea.

Yeah, this is a super idea. But to make it successful you'd probably need to open it to outsiders to get a bit of a crowd, you know how hard it is to get folks together just for dinner/drinks & a meet 'n greet. But I still like the idea.

Get some space set aside at the Big Moe! Heck, make it an NES Open Carry BBQ, and NES signup. You could co-opt sub groups like the Liberty Training people, and maybe do workshops to put together Ruger MkII's. I imagine you could rent a table or two.

Finding a location would be the hardest part IMO. Give Mr. Wallace a call at GOAL, you may get an answer by next year.[wink]

Yeah, the GOAL annual banquet/meeting/election.

Look at your local Elks, Masons, VFW, etc. halls for a place to hold this.

Um, how about all these things we have called ... ... Sportsman's Clubs?

I was thinking outside (you know, BBQ chicken, or clambake). But do you really think you'd get 100 people?

Sweet...if its in a decent location I'll be interested in going...n maybe if people want to make food for the event....maybe NES First annual "yard" sale and cook off haha

I tried to do this type of event when I was at President at Mansfield. The advise I received from the BOD was that we would need a permit from the town and possibly a police detail.

I did suggest we just call it an open house and just by chance folks showed up with "stuff'. I guess the liability is an issue.

Just so any current BOD members read this I am in no way criticizing Mansfield FG. I know some may get their panties in a bunch thinking I am being negative about MFG. It was just the BOD thoughts at the time. Its not a consideration now I don't believe since they don't have a club house at this time.

Also some halls have firearms restrictions as well. But heck its worth asking.

I still think we should ask GOAL and see what the response is.

Last edited:
I tried to do this type of event when I was at President at Mansfield. The advise I received from the BOD was that we would need a permit from the town and possibly a police detail.

I did suggest we just call it an open house and just by chance folks showed up with "stuff'. I guess the liability is an issue.

Just so any current BOD members read this I am in no way criticizing Mansfield FG. I know some may get their panties in a bunch thinking I am being negative about MFG. It was just the BOD thoughts at the time. Its not a consideration now I don't believe since they don't have a club house at this time.

Also some halls have firearms restrictions as well. But heck its worth asking.

I still think we should ask GOAL and see what the response is.

I was at those meetings and even though I told the BOD that this was not true, a couple of people absolutely refused to listen.

The claim was made that we would have needed a sprinkler system, a special permit from the fire department, a police detail, special occupancy permit, special gun show insurance, ad nauseum.

Braintree R&P used to run 2 gun shows/year at the clubhouse, Holbrook SC runs 2 gun shows/year currently at their clubhouse. BR&P never had to deal with any of that BS I noted in the prior paragraph. Club members (just like at Holbrook SC) help park cars/direct traffic/provide security. No special permits/insurance required.

So I asked my Fire Chief about the above claims and his answer was "I don't need to know about it!" No sprinkler system required, no special permits required.

Both BR&P and Holbrook SC used to run their gun shows at the Braintree NG Armory until 9/11 and then the people in charge of the NG declined to let any outside groups use an Armory. A few years ago (NG management change?) this changes somewhat and they said that we could hold a gun show there, but wouldn't allow any guns in their buildings! [rolleyes]

Wow. How very accommodating of them.

Yup it was funny, but very sad & stupid.

I remember going to the Manchester (NH) gun show at their NG Armory as well. Again before 9/11. Since then I am not aware of any gun shows at any Armories anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom