NES gunshow feeler...

Wow. I watched this thread for 2 weeks and no replys, so I stopped lookin. Now 3 pages. Great!

My thought was a very informal get together... to bring together, buyers and sellers of guns, ammo and accessories.
Maybe our first one could be Green Members only and their friends.
No publicity except to our family. Outsiders can make trouble.
We can post what we intend to bring, and what we are looking for. Buy, sell, trade.
It would be no different than showing up at a friend's garage, flippin open the Pelican case and makin a deal. Face to Face, Friend to Friend.
On a small scale, I don't think any permits would be required. No police details. Just us.
I've never organized anything like this, so advice is welcome.
If there is a good chance this could happen and be legal, I'll post in Members section with further details.
~Matt

Be careful, that is very naive.

I think we should ask Harvard Sportsmens Club to host a Green and friends event and ask Four Seasons to hold a transfer table as well as a discount sales table. Also some tables set up for face to face transactions and someone to do a pay BBQ.
I think we could dew a large crowd and both Harvard and Four Seasons are NES friendly and a food vender would be happy to make some bucks.

There's a thread on HSC forum about something along these lines. So there's interested for it. Plenty of room in the club house and I guess the indoor range if need be

I am actually looking into organizing an event just like this for my club. The club would charge a little bit of money per table, invite the dealers and joe public etc.... There would be food etc... probably done as an outdoor bbq type event since we have no club house right now. We would want this to be more of a swap meet than gun show, as it would give a chance for people to sell or trade etc... we have a few hoops to jump through because we lost our club but there was nothing in our town about special permitting etc... If I am able to meet the criteria set forth by the town (these are Board of Health issues) id love to get a bunch of green members out here.

Moving on to a green member gathering, when the weather is nicer we could certainly host something outside under our pavilion we just need to deal with our Board of Health BS. ( im thinking a green event would be a non pay per table event, just a gathering and swapping and bullshitting type event.) Id probably do this is a non club sponsored event to avoid our Board of Health BS.

Sweet...if its in a decent location I'll be interested in going...n maybe if people want to make food for the event....maybe NES First annual "yard" sale and cook off haha

Yard Sale or Swap Meet.

Wow. I watched this thread for 2 weeks and no replys, so I stopped lookin. Now 3 pages. Great!

My thought was a very informal get together... to bring together, buyers and sellers of guns, ammo and accessories.
Maybe our first one could be Green Members only and their friends.
No publicity except to our family. Outsiders can make trouble.
We can post what we intend to bring, and what we are looking for. Buy, sell, trade.
It would be no different than showing up at a friend's garage, flippin open the Pelican case and makin a deal. Face to Face, Friend to Friend.
On a small scale, I don't think any permits would be required. No police details. Just us.
I've never organized anything like this, so advice is welcome.
If there is a good chance this could happen and be legal, I'll post in Members section with further details.
~Matt

I think you have a good idea there. If a Members has a lot to bring charge him for a table. If a Member only has one or two things to sell/swap he can share a table with others. Same goes for if they can only be there for part of the day.

Be careful, that is very naive.

Not at all. My club here did this 4 years ago for club members only and it worked well.

Just a want to throw this out there, I can get us a hall that will accomidate @ 300 and I can get it for no charge. It is located in WAre, MA

This sounds good. I would be interested depending on day and location. I mean as long as GOAL is OK with it. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

NRA Liability Insurance

I am familiar with the liability insurance policy at my club. It is a standard NRA policy administered by Philadelphia Insurance. here is the paragraph on gun shows:

q. Gun Shows

This insurance does not apply to "bodily injury" or "property damage" arising out of:

(1) Activities performed by or on behalf of the insured, and/or operations necessary to the promotion and holding of a gun or firearm shows or

(2) Any premises including the building(s) and land, used in connection there with, owned, rented or leased by the insured for the purpose of holding one or more gun or firearms shows.

This exclusion applies regardless of whether such operations are conducted by you or on your behalf or whether the operates are conducted for yourself or for others.

Any location that wants to hold the show should examine their liability insurance policy. I think it is a great idea, but I can tell you with wording like this I would resign immediately from the BOD if my club wanted to have a gun show.

Tweed, maybe that is why one of my clubs went elsewhere for insurance a number of years ago. The BOD claims they have better coverage for less money. And yes, they run gun shows on the property. Having worked almost every one of these gun shows since they moved into the club (after 9/11) we have had no incidents of any sort. Since I have full faith in the management of said club, I'm sure that they have their bases covered for the gun shows they run.
fff

Is it time for the Airing of Grievances?

Maybe we can get the NRA involved....Maybe they can set up a table to hear our grievances and complaints. [rofl][rofl][rofl]
2qla5h3.jpg

December 23rd is a long time off, but up here in New Hampshire we have grievances to bring up with the NRA.

To ask if they would host the NES swap

They might be willing, but they don't have the room. The training room is the biggest room in the place and once you set up tables, it gets crowded with a dozen people in it.

Also, the parking lot holds less than 20 cars, you can't park on the street, and there's really no other parking nearby.

It sounds like a BBQ Tailgate party would work...nice outdoor location. Maybe a game supper if done indoors in colder months. If your not including dealers and other vendors then it is just an informal get together. Someone would need a stack of FA10s or wifi access to do them online. I don't see how this would be technically any different than a private dinner or meeting. A place in NH would open it up to free staters and technically, 2 mass residents could still complete a MA to MA transfer. I don't believe private transfers between MA residents actually has to take place in MA.

Last edited:
My club MBSC where I held my birthday shoot is having a gun show on April 28-29.

Tables are $40 each with free breakfast, so if 2 or 3 guys rent a table it is cheap.

It is in Bourne on the Cape.

Fred

Last edited:
My club MBSC where I held my birthday shoot is having a gun show on April 28-29.

Tables are $40 each with free breakfast, so if 2 or 3 guys rent a table it is cheap.

It is in Bourne on the Cape.

Fred

2 tables for NES, $80. Get 16 people to go, and it is $5 each. Sounds doable to me, and free breakfast. Win-win!

Sturbridge is about as central in New England as it gets, plus it is right off the Pike. Nice!

Another idea. Charter one of those cruise boats out of Boston, or a Yankee boat up in Gloucester. Keep it to the group who wants to buy/sell, and make a fishing day out of it as well. Half kidding. :)

As a new guy I would definitely go to this -- would be nice to meet some interested people because right now I am surrounded by anti's.....

Back
Top Bottom