• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions... Russian Tokarev with German markings- no import or safety

I suspect this may have migrated south from Canada.
It appears to be post war Russian that I would guess has been refinished in a German arsenal.
I bought the Makarov the same day- no markings- appears refinished though...
tok and mak.jpg close tok.jpg mak and tok.jpg
Even has a matching numbered magazine....

Attachments

• mak and tok.jpg
    mak and tok.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Don't know much about them, but I have had a couple of Nagants. What is the cartridge for the Tokarev? 7.62 or 9mm?

T

Sweet finds. I like the tokarev, but I wish they had been designed with a 1911 style safety to allow safe carry on a loaded chamber

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

The Tokarev has been proofed by the Mellrichstadt proofhouse in 2001.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I had found the Mellrichstadt proof online but now I know the AB means 2001 I guess. I would have to think that this must have come through Canada if it was arsenal refinished in Germany in 2001....

Much faster and harder hitting round. It's like a necked down 7.62x39....not sure of the actual ballistics but I hear these will go right through body armor.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's got more energy than a 9mm, definitely higher velocity

The Tokarev has been proofed by the Mellrichstadt proofhouse in 2001.

Thanks! I had found the Mellrichstadt proof online but now I know the AB means 2001 I guess. I would have to think that this must have come through Canada if it was arsenal refinished in Germany in 2001....[/QUOTE]
Shhhh. Guns never come south :)

Back
Top Bottom