New AR from savage?

It will be interesting to see if it has any interchangeable parts with an AR? Maybe it's the new Mass Compliant MSR? Biggest downside would be no pre-ban mags.

Modular service rifle maybe? Sort of like a MSBS.

Boy does that new logo suck.

Yeah what's going on with that? Does it work on two levels? It's obviously an S, but it's an unusual design decision to omit to left side to make it legible.

they should give us a bolt action in 7.62x39, not another AR. the world has like 500 choices of AR manufacturers. boring.

Would MSR be an acronym for Modular Sniper Rifle like Remington? They already have the BA model so the MSR would have to be different that that.

Would MSR be an acronym for Modular Sniper Rifle like Remington? They already have the BA model so the MSR would have to be different that that.

I always assume "Modern Sporting Rifle." Can't really tell from the teaser video.

It's modern sporting rifle. They announced this on the vista outdoor earnings call last month (parent company of savage)

Up until a few months ago they had one, Savage scout in 7.62x39. I had one and the biggest issue for me was finding mags for the damn thing.

When i looked around back in august their website didnt have any 7.62x39 models listed. How did it shoot?

I am not really clear why they would get into this.
I mean really they make some nice rifles and especially for the price point. For me I rather see them refine the rifles a bit more. ?
Anyhow Vista spent millions in RD and marketing to think they will make money.
The big question is how much will be manufactured by savage or are they just stamping some CMT parts with their name.

When i looked around back in august their website didnt have any 7.62x39 models listed. How did it shoot?

Not bad, I had an Aimpoint 9000 on it. If I remember correctly with the PPU brass cased stuff it would print 1.5"-3" at 100 yards off the bench. I did do some reloads for it and got better results but I never really got heavy into the gun, I'm sure with the right load it would perform better. I got out of 7.62 x 39 altogether earlier this year and sold it along with my AK's and SKS's. Like I said earlier the mags for it were a PIA to find and they were expensive when I did find them.

I believe the "store that shall not be named" has one in their racks now.

Last edited:
Yeah. so awesome and sexy.

Why do this??? Just show us the freaking gun. Ugh. This is the second one of these today. It's as sexy as pix of a girls elbows and ankles. Just show it already. Sheesh.

I'm sure they are TRYING for hype, but this is Savage and Hudson, not Remington and Smith'n'Wesson.

heck they should dust off the old machines and bring back the 101 or some of the 19XX series pistols

i would like to see a model 19 with the accutrigger ?

Last edited:
im wondering now did they actually do any research..... I just find it hard for any survey to come back with anyone saying

you know i wish savage made a AR ?

Alliant Techsystems, ATK, aerospace and defense contractor, bought the Caliber Company, the parent company of Savage back in 2013.

Last edited:
I am not really clear why they would get into this.
/QUOTE]
Alliant Techsystems, ATK, aerospace and defense contractor, bought the Caliber Company, the parent company of Savage back in 2013.

I know all to well from powder manufacture research and ammo manufacture how much and what ATK,Vista and Orbital own....it's pretty staggering.
I'm guessing if you dig deep enough you can find they have a commercial manufacturing plant to handle making parts?
Just think savage is not going to be the in name of ARs.
If they toss another "entry" level cheap manufactured AR out there I think they loose.

I found this on Reddit so it could be total BS:

• Chambered in .308 Winchester
  • 20" barrel, unknown twist or profile
  • Custom forged receiver
  • Proprietary Savage free float handguard
  • Magpul PRS3 stock
  • BlackHawk! Blaze drop-in trigger
  • Side charger
  • 10 round mag
  • $1999.00

I found this on Reddit so it could be total BS:

• Chambered in .308 Winchester
  • 20" barrel, unknown twist or profile
  • Custom forged receiver
  • Proprietary Savage free float handguard
  • Magpul PRS3 stock
  • BlackHawk! Blaze drop-in trigger
  • Side charger
  • 10 round mag
  • $1999.00

This is what happened when they caved to PC pressure. The new logo def sucks.

That's why I grabbed some of their old Indian Head logo merch from their online store before it was phased out.

pcso-khind.jpg

Back
Top Bottom