New Discovery Show "Sons of Guns"

I think I'm finding that I like their small projects better than the big ones. The small projects tend to have a little more history and interest to them. The AK was retarded. Didn't prove must to me although it looked pretty cool. I just don't know why you'd want it when there are other very accurate rifles for the job.

Safe to say I never once bothered to watch this program and most likely never will.

Any one see the commercial for the next episode? They are making an all chrome Browning 1919 with motorcycle handle bars and the guys from OCC are helping them design it.[thinking] Some things in the first season I liked and thought were pretty cool like the AR with the masterkey,but the stuff now is just stupid.

I am still laughing how in the first episode of this season, and I am looking for snaggle-toof to show off her snaggle. Then they found a F* toof in that old revolver [rofl]. I never get a shot of her snaggle-toof this year. It's like they coached her up to leave her lip down while she talks and smiles.

I am still laughing how in the first episode of this season, and I am looking for snaggle-toof to show off her snaggle. Then they found a F* toof in that old revolver [rofl]. I never get a shot of her snaggle-toof this year. It's like they coached her up to leave her lip down while she talks and smiles.

She got her teeth all purdy now. The doc fixed her up gud!

Money well spent......I mean she could have just turned around a bought an over priced one of a kind 1000 yard ak....

Snaggle is so f--- ing annoying I can barely watch the show. Even daddy is starting to get on my nerves . They really should rethink where they are going with the show. Just double bag the broad first and gag her. Her voice makes me change the channel . Other than that it's fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did this show finally jump the shark? The only plus is that it is about guns. I could watch Swamp People as a replacement, but it seems they forget theirs frequently.

I just turned on the Sons of Guns at the end--they've got Mikey and Paul Jr. from Orange County Choppers and somebody's girlfriend or wife visiting and making some chrome-dragon-painted-motorcycle-handlebar-machine plus a guitar gun thing and another special shotgun I guess for Mikey.

I am reminded of a very old David Letterman stand-up where he complains about combining two good things to make something hideous.

"Like 'orange cappucino.' What's next? Hey--you like meat, and you like clean ears, so try these new beef-flavored Q-tips!"

Sigh.

Hey--you like meat, and you like clean ears, so try these new beef-flavored Q-tips!"

I remember that from the Larry Budd Melman years.

28545737.jpg

[rofl][rofl][rofl]

I, too, have dumped it from my DVR lineup. As much as I love guns as the next guy and having shows displaying having fun with firearms is a good thing for the general public, I just have no time for the personalities, drama, and hijinks like having Orange County Choppers involved with them. As mentioned above, sometimes things aren't more than the sum of their parts but worse. I'd bet, too, that the vast majority of the general, non-shooting public doesn't understand that these guys are the true exception to the rules when it comes to destructive devices, explosions, full-auto big ass machine guns and the like. Also, they're way to caviler for me in their whole attitude as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, I've got better things to do with that time.

Rome

I "watched" the show on fast forward with FF speed-up handy, skipped through the drama, saw some nice shooting, threw up when I saw finished 1919, skipped over guitar. Overall, not a bad 5 min of TV.

The funny part was jr's wife ride up on a scooter, stiff as a board. So they shipped the bikes over, then took them out of the trailer for the last 50 yards, put on cheesy bandanas, that's badass!

This was the worse episode yet. It was hard to watch. Thank God for FF. You could tell Paul Jr and Co didn't want to be there. It looked to me that they were disgusted they had to lower themselves to do that show. I don't know what the producers are thinking giving that young kid so much camera time?? He acts like he has an IQ of 50 or lower. It also looks like he's going to get together with the daughter. I'll give it one more episode and if it's anything like this one then its gone.

As someone who is far from being an expert on firearms, I really wanted to like this show.

1. Guns - check
2. South - check
3. Cool theme song - check

I thought "...this would be a good way to see how guns are modified and such. I read a lot on NES about reloading brass, modifying triggers..." I knew that the show would have to take a few liberties, which I was willing to accept.

But painting dragon symbols and attaching motorcycle handlebars to a machine gun?

Next up on Discovery, a show about the Geek Squad making mods to your iPhone...

Last edited:
Yah, do they have to end every scene with Chris doing that stupid mouth breathing giggle sound he makes? Seriously, the only thing that saved that episode last night was Miculek, they should have done the entire show with him, tuning guns, trying to "find some time". That would have been infinitely more interesting to me...

I wached the show last night and have to admit the 1919 was the most gaudy piece of hardware I've ever seen. Now for my opinion. The kid Kris,he needs to get back on the ritalin. If I had to work around someone like him in an enviroment that couldd get you seriously hurt or killed I'd find another line of work. I was amused that the guys in the shop couldn't find A 6.5 jap ammo and B the safety on the arisaka. My stepfater brought home a 7.7 arisaka and if the 6.5 and the design eas the same I believe the safety was the large knob on the back of the bolt. The comment about whether the action was strong enough for factory ammo, it's a Mauser based action. You could possibly blow it up but you'll have to try awfully hard.

yeh, i like how they had never heard of chrome on a firearm before.....
like... LINING THE BARREL.....

and all these motorcycle guys in the shop, they've never seen chrome tailpipes get colors due to heat?

yeh.... ok....

I actually talked to Stephanie real quick on FB and told her that the show was to scripted and set up. She assured that it was not scripted that it was just bad editing [rolleyes] I also asked Vince about his ACAB tattoo. He informed me that it's stands for "always carry a bible" [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom